Just a thank you.
Posted: 14 March 2010 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  163
Joined  2009-12-05

I am in the middle of making my 7th practice cake for my daughters wedding (silly me is bringing this one on three plane rides across country), and had one failure last night.  Thanks to all of you and Rose who continue to graciously and patiently explain the correct methods of baking, I was able to pretty much know what went wrong.  But just to be on the safe side, I did a search to confirm my suspicions.
To my horror, while I was searching I saw the story Rose put in the blog about the terrible experience in a restaurant.  I have never had the pleasure of meeting Rose, but was very sorry to see she and her friends were so ill treated and their were postings from people who agreed with the bad manners that waiter showed!  Well, I don’t see any sense in going in that direction, but it did make me feel like it was important to bring up a thank you to Rose and everyone else who is involved with this sight and helping out all of us. 
Today I corrected the ‘errors’, remaking the cake, and the cake I am bringing for my mother in laws 85th birthday will be perfect. 
To bad that waiter didn’t know what he was missing, I for one would have loved to taste that cake!!!

Signature 

Linda R.

Posted: 15 March 2010 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

MM, I’m with you!  I would also have loved to taste that cake.  And I was also amazed at people’s reaction, especially since it wasn’t Rose that asked for plates/forks, and especialy since they asked about ice cream, indicating that they were still willing to order dessert.

And you are so kind to recognize all the help and good intentions of Rose and forum members.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 15 March 2010 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

Very sweet of you Linda.
I too was appalled at how people react and how nasty it got. I read all the comments, and thought of writing something, but decided not to get involved.
It made me very sad to read such things, especially since Rose’s blog and forum are so so so positive, where everyone support each other’s quest for baking fun.

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 12 April 2010 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2010-04-11

I will add my own thank you to this WONDERFUL thread.

Rose, we love you! You go out of your way to share with us your talent, recipes, and love for the art of confectionery creation. I am a newbie here, and am amazed to see how much Rose herself replies to posts and questions! That graciousness, in my opinion, makes her even more enchanting to me. I am passionate about scratch baking, and have only been making specialty cakes of any kind since October last year! I am on #s 17-18 this week, in fact. I had no idea I was capable of such beauty and creativity until my Husband’s birthday when I decided I would make him a fondant cheeseburger cake lol!

Since then it has become a romantic whirlwind, a real life romance of sorts with cakes and discovering my purist heart for the first time. I had no idea I felt so passionately about this until last October 2009, but when I read Rose’s Heavenly Cakes and then The Cake Bible mere days ago, I almost cried. Truly. (I’ll never tell!) My passion was taken to a new level so contrasted to the previous, it wasn’t even in the same solar system. Rose has IGNITED my passion, set my soul ABLAZE for the art of cake creation. Not just the fondant whimsical cakes I started with, but perhaps deeper, truer, pure decadence, cake so delicious, so exquisite, it doesn’t even need frosting. Wow. I am changed.

Rose, thank you.

Signature 

http://www.vanillaexpressions.com

Posted: 13 April 2010 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

Sounds like an introduction to me! smile  Welcome to the forum, Jemoiselle.

You’ve done some amazing work pretty much right out of the gate. We look forward to seeing more projects in the weeks and months to come. Feel free to join us in the monthly bake-alongs, too, if any of the themes appeal to you. There’s also a bake-along with Rose’s new heavenly cakes book. See her blog for details.

Posted: 13 April 2010 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2010-04-11

Hehe *blush* thank you Carolita! Yes, I am a newbie here but couldn’t resist the opportunity to tell Rose how much her work means to me. I think the bake-alongs would be incredibly fun! I saw the RHC Heavenly Bakers group, and perhaps someday will be able to join. I love the idea of it! Right now, I am up to my eyeballs in cake orders though, and I just cannot promise anyone but my clients cakes on time lol! I absolutely love this site, Rose’s blog, and the wealth of information here. This has become my new cakecentral *wink*

Thank you for the lovely reply, I’ll see you around!
Jessie

Signature 

http://www.vanillaexpressions.com