RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2009-09-09

hum…
so the creme was very strong in flavour
but when i made the buttercream…the butter flavour took over
:(

i don’t know what to do

It’s too soft to pipe right now so I put it in the fridge…while i’m trying to figure out how i can get it to taste more like pistachio instead of Butter

man this is like a roller coaster ride
the creme was so good and now the final product is not

Posted: 28 March 2010 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

gah i forgot to take pics before people ate all of them
i was in a rush out of the house
i hope someone took pictures and can send then to me
if not..i’m going these cupcakes again this week for work smile

so my teammates did like the cupcakes
i probably worry too much
but i think for people who have tried the strawberry meringue one I did…then this one might not taste as good
i really liked the strawberry meringue one from the new cake book
I think the next time I try pistachio…i’ll try making it with that recipe..and instead of the strawberry conserve (from TCB) i put in, I’ll put in the pistachio creme anglais
i think in theory it should work >_<
i hope smile
i want something with strong tasting pistachio instead of something so strong in butter
i guess i’ll stick to egg white buttercream heehee

Posted: 28 March 2010 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

Aggie, glad they were well-recieved.  Pistachio isn’t an easy flavor to concentrate.  If you love pistachio, consider picking up some smooth pistachio paste from albert uster or lepecerie.com.  You can store it in the freezer.  Or a bottle of pistacho essence from La Cuisine.

Other options could be homemade nut paste (crunchy), or forum member Matthew adds a mix of Frangelico and Amaretto to approximate pistachio.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 29 March 2010 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  266
Joined  2007-11-18

I?m totally in love w/ Rose?s Sicilian Pistachio Cake. If you want pistachio flavor, then that?s the cake to go for! I adore the buttercream for that cake, which uses pistachio essence. I splurged and bought sicilian pistachios, amazing (and at $57 a pound, they better be!), and they gave the cake a nice bright green glow :-D.

It was a hit for St. Patty?s Day. Since it was such an expensive cake to make, only my favorite friends and family were included. :-D That was probably bad of me.

Signature 

Visit my blog: The Mile High Baker at http://www.milehighbaker.blogspot.com

Posted: 05 April 2010 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Sorry for the late picture
but here it is

Image Attachments
pistachio cupcake.jpg

Posted: 05 April 2010 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

Lovely cupcakes, Aggie!  I really like the look of them, with the piped swirls and the nuts on top.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 05 September 2011 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

so i decided to try the pistachio buttercream again after my friend’s comment

the other day i was trying to make a pistachio reduction for pastry cream for a crepe mille, i grounded the pistachio first before putting it into the cream
my friend ask me why don’t you just put the ground pistachio straight into the cream and skip the reduction?
So I made some more grounded pistachio and folded it into the whipped cream and there was a nice pistachio flavour….so I decided to try that with the buttercream again
I made the mouseline buttercream and then added grounded pistachios
it took a lot of pistachio to over power the butter but at least I know it works

Here’s a pic I took using my phone and posted on facebook smile
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/310799_10100629300518792_28121600_63469662_6865500_n.jpg
bite size cakes

I think i’ll try to revisit this again soon and do both a pistachio reduction and grounded pistachio to see if that will make it even stronger smile

2 of 2