Almond Shamah cake in Tube Pan?
Posted: 13 April 2010 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2010-01-18

Has anyone made Rose’s Almond Shamah Cake from RHC in a tube pan? I would like to try this one but because it is for dessert after a big dinner, I don’t wish to gussy it all up with lots of fattening cream, preferring a simple traditional chiffon cake treatment dusted with icing sugar. The recipe seems similar enough to a standard chiffon in composition - will it work in a 10” tube (angel food) pan? I am at a higher altitude so rising high enough should not pose a problem. Thanks!

Posted: 14 April 2010 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2008-04-16

KB, I haven’t tried this cake in a tube pan, but it’s worth a try.  I think most cakes that have enough structure for a layer will work in a tube pan. 

You will probably have issues with the syrup not penetrating all the way to the center of the cake.  You can try poking holes in the cooled cake to help with that, but it may still be more dry in the center.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out if you do try it!

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 27 June 2011 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2010-01-18

It has been quite some time but I did want to finally post some photos of the Almond Shamah Cake - my first cake made from RHC in Feb’10 - made in the tube pan. As suggested - it was possibly a little drier due to the soaking liquid not permeating it as well as it would the layers. But it did bake up spendidly - a delicious and pretty cake I was most excited and pleased with! The raspberry cream is just Deeee-vine! Perhaps torting the cake and sprinkling each layer with the Amaretto drizzle, then filling with the cream would be a nice treatment (I have done that with a chocolate chiffon and coffee-laced whipped cream in 6 layers- YUM!). I have also done a very similar torte using an almond biscuit variation and Vanilla Buttercream (pastry cream based), garnished with toasted almond slivers. Thanks for the input everyone - and now you know it works too!

Image Attachments
IMG_3006.jpgIMG_3012.jpg

Posted: 29 June 2011 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2008-04-16

That looks like a fluffy pink cloud of deliciousness!  Thanks so much for following up with a post, it’s good to know it works in the tube pan.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls