I am going to make Aniseed cookies. I rarely make cookies, and the recipe is very vague. I’d be grateful for your assistance in answering a couple of questions. First, the recipe:
1. Beat 3 eggs together with 2/3 cup of sugar.
2. Add 10.5 oz sifted flour, a pinch of salt, and 1 tbsp of aniseed. Knead carefully to prepare a smooth, uniform dough. Set aside to rise for two hours.
3. Heat the oven to 350 degrees and put parchment onto a cookie sheet.
4. Prepare balls of dough about the size of walnuts, squash a little wiht a glass and arrange on the tray.
5. Bake for fifteen minutes.
Here are my questions for you:
1. I’ve never combined eggs with sugar like this. I read online that I’m supposed to beat them together in the KitchenAid for twenty minutes. Is that true? And if so, with the spade beater or the whisk? And at what speed?
2. If the eggs are supposed to be beaten like that, am I supposed to remove them and then fold them into the flour? Or am I supposed to use the mixer, and if so using which beater and at what speed?
3. I suppose that the kneading part is by hand, like a bread dough. About how long would you think I’d need to knead it?
Any assistance would be appreciated. I’m a novice!