2 of 2
Pizza stone
Posted: 28 January 2011 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-01-27

For what it’s worth, I used a piece of tile as a stone until we got around to unpacking the stone.  It seemed to work fine, though it didn’t look right to my wife.  I like the Fibrament idea though…lots of therma mass!

Cheers,
Wade

Posted: 09 February 2011 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-05-19

I have a heavy stone in my big oven that is at least 15 years old and in good shape.  I think it came from WS.

recently wanted a stone for my small convection oven whose inside capacity is only 12 inches.  I found a stone at that size at sears for $12.99, at that price who cares how long it lasts!  BTW it is going on 6 months.  It is thinner than my big stone but I figure in saves energy—it heats up faster than the thicker stone which takes at least an hour.

Posted: 24 February 2011 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-02-24

Hello everyone.
My 2 cents…While new to baking I had done a lot of research to select a stone.  I’ve learned that you should never put a cold stone in a hot oven (heat the oven with the stone in it), it is safe to leave the stone in the oven at all times and that you need to be careful not to spill food (especially fats) onto the stone as that is the cause of odor etc.

All that being said I had decided to purchase this stone.  It’s big, thick and shipped in a couple of boxes including the outside box that is HUGE and packed with peanuts etc.  I have been very satisfied with this purchase.

BTW I do take the stone out of the oven after it has cooled down after baking on it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000E1FDA

I hope some of this helps.

Posted: 11 December 2011 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-12-11

hi everyone….
im a new member and i love baking pizza stone could you pl give one of rose’s recepie i cant buy her book. tongue wink

Signature 

love

Posted: 16 May 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-05-13

To Zebraa, I would definitely NOT USE JUST ANY TERRACOTTA TILE to bake DIRECTLY ON IT SUCH AS A PIZZA! You really want to have a pie plate, pie tin, or pizza pan on that stone.

If you are baking directly on, meaning food on a terracotta tile or stone, you don’t know what that terracotta is composed of! And I certainly wouldn’t eat anything made on something like that. Who knows what chemicals or other such stuff is in that terracotta!

Just saying.

Posted: 02 April 2013 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2013-04-02

I use The Pampered Chef pizza stone and it works great.

2 of 2