My Second Try at SLM Decorating! Plus BB Bites…
Posted: 06 June 2010 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  378
Joined  2010-04-09

Hi All, Last time I posted my first effort at decorating the She Loves Me Cake with daisies…here is my second effort, which although still not picture perfect, is lots better than attempt #1. Thanks for all your advice! Loved the berry and whipped cream filling too. This was part of a gathering I was hosting; I also made Barcelona Brownie Bites, which were delicious.  I included a picture of the dessert table, which also had the Strawberry Pie from PPB (the chocolate chip cookies were from Ad Hoc).  Wish I had thought to move the garbage can beforehand, ha ha, but so my amateur photography goes…I think I had the gathering just as an excuse to make more desserts!

Image Attachments
June 6, 2010 021.jpgJune 6, 2010 027.jpgJune 6, 2010 032.jpg

Posted: 07 June 2010 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  764
Joined  2007-11-15

My kind of gathering I think!!  Your desserts look very good, I bet there were lots of clean plates at the end.  I like the look of the Daisy cake and your Pear Almond cake is superb! I made that some time ago, it is good, isn’t it?  I must do it again soon. tongue wink

Posted: 07 June 2010 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2009-11-20

Loopy, They all look so wonderful it would be hard to choose. Beautifully arranged dessert table too!

Posted: 07 June 2010 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

Wow, that’s an impressive collection!!!  Everything looks just wonderful, congratulations!  Must have taken some time to put all that together.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 07 June 2010 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

That is a REALLY impressive collection!  It is beautiful!

Gees, I could just pick up your SLM cake from that sideboard and chomp it down like a big sammy—then I’d save those brownie ingots for dessert!

Mmmmmmm….....

Posted: 07 June 2010 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

Loopy, very impressive. And nice pictures. I wouldn’t have noticed the garbage can if you didn’t point it out, was too busy looking at the cakes! Looks like a perfect setting for an afternoon tea - with real size desserts, not those itty bitty ones smile.

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 07 June 2010 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-09

Thanks everyone!
Jeannette - there were clean plates, but the poor plain jane Lemon Poppyseed had only a few slices gone at the end of the day…if only people knew what they were missing, it’s just not as “flashy” as some of the other desserts were : )  I forgot to mention it was there myself, so i am guilty of overlooking it too, ha ha.  The Pear Almond was for a brunch yesterday and yes, I loved it!
Darm - I forced myself to choose them all! It wasn’t too tough…
Julie - I made the brownie bites earlier in the week and froze them.  They defrosted beautifully! Baked both cakes and finished the strawberry pie the night before, just had to do the berries/cream on the day of!
Anne - Yes, the SLM is my kind of sandwich too!
Jenn - Made me laugh, this was the opposite of an afternoon tea.  Had a houseful of about 9 toddlers between the ages of 1 and 3, plus their parents.  Started off as a play date and just grew as I kept inviting people….but I made it easy on myself, we had pizza, which gave me a chance to focus on my favorite, desserts!

Posted: 08 June 2010 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

Loopy, you are my hero. What great idea to have pizza for lunch and the made multiple desserts!

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 08 June 2010 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-09

Jenn, you are too kind.  Making me blush : )

Posted: 08 June 2010 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Wow! what a spread. Everything looks wonderful. Wish I was invited smile

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 09 June 2010 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1074
Joined  2007-11-15

Yes, amazing! I can’t believe you made all these for one event. What a feat! Lucky guests smile

Posted: 09 June 2010 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-09

Rozanne, you are welcome any time! 
Matthew, thank you, I wanted to make sure I had leftovers : )