Greetings! new member here! (needs help for Fathers day)
Posted: 10 June 2010 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-06-10

Hi guys! i recently discovered Ms. Rose’s page in youtube and i was very much delighted to see it! It must be one of the most comprehensive yet easy, fast, informative baking videos in youtube that i have ever seen! She really have done a great job indeed! more power to her!

I am 25 yrs old and a self taught baker so i really need all the help i could find….am hoping that with this forum…i can seek help on my venture in baking world…i am happy that i have discovered this as well!

Having said these things…i do have something to ask (am not really sure where to put it so i will include it here in my introduction)

I saw one of the videos of Ms. Rose regarding how to cover a cake with a smooth ganache like glaze and she called it Lacquer Glaze if i remember it correctly. I am planning to bake a chocolate cake for my dad this coming Fathers day and i would really appreciate it if the recipe of that glaze can be shared here…It would be fantastic if i could do it for my dad and hopefully with your guys help…i can make it possible.

Well…thanks again and hope to hear from someone soon!

Godbless!

Posted: 10 June 2010 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2007-11-15

Hi Jehuty, welcome! The recipe is in Rose’s newest book, Rose’s Heavenly Cakes.

Posted: 10 June 2010 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

You will love, love, LOVE the book.  Every single recipe I’ve made has completely blown the minds of everyone who"s eaten them.  The cake parts are so good, they need no frosting or syrup if you’re going for something super-simple for an occasion.  The book is full of fabulous information you wiull love having on-hand.

BTW, it’s in that cooking book club in their 4/$1 offer if you’re strapped for cash.  I forget it’s name because I don’t belong to it, but I can find it if you want.  The terms are quite reasonable.

Amazon has a good price, also.

Even if you pay full retail, though, this may be the one book that is MORE than worth it!!

Welcome!

Posted: 10 June 2010 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

jehuty:
Just in case you weren’t aware…we are asked not to post Rose’s recipes on the site…it is copy written material…and so…rose and the publishers want us to buy the books, obviously.  The books are wonderful….you won’t be sorry.  Some of Rose’s recipes are available ont he site…but they are posted by her only.

I don’t think you’ll find the lacquer glaze recipe online.

Posted: 10 June 2010 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07

Welcome aboard grin

Posted: 10 June 2010 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-17

Hi,

Google chocolate glacage or chocolate gelatin glaze and you should find recipes similar to Rose’s that use gelatin.

Good Luck.

Posted: 24 June 2010 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-06-10

hi! thanks guys! yep! i am still looking for her book..its really hard to find it here where i live…am having a really hard time indeed…but hey! i know its a good book so ill keep high hopes to have it! wish me luck! smile

Thanks again and more power! smile

‹‹ Bought the books      hello ››