Trouble whit KD-7000 scale. I really need help!!!
Posted: 25 June 2010 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2010-05-19

Hi!
I saw a topic about scales but the last post is from 2007, so I decided open this one.

I just bough a KD 7000 and, on contrary to everybody here, I?m in trouble. First of all, I read information at My Weigh web site, about the ambient where the scale is supposed to be. I have to confess: That make me nervous!

MW says it can?t be in a hot place - my kitchen is terribly hot at summer. I have a fan, but it also can cause inaccuracy. I put the scale in the living room, far from windows, cellphone (around 15 feet), and I even turn the fan off, because MW says even the hum of a lamp can cause inaccuracy - I immediately started to think about what a (quiet) fan could do to it. Finally, when I started to measure a few bowls, I had a surprise: The weigh of some of them fluctuated something btwn 1-2g. Maybe the TV was the problem. The weird think is that it doesn?t happened whit every bowl I?ve weigh. And, if this variation happened because the TV (and it can be), I really don?t know where I?m going to put that so sensitive scale.

Amazon says I can return it, but that?s not what I?d like to do. MW also says, the most part of the problems has to do whit the ambient and low quality batteries. I don?t have that ones they indicate but those ones I used were brand new.

What should I do? Please, anybody help me!!!

Thank you

Posted: 26 June 2010 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-19

Missyjean, I’ve put mine in a cabinet, like you said.

Julie, Charles, thank you for the information. I was scared after reading so many things here:
http://www.myweigh.com/contact-us/scale-glossary-amp-explanations

Thank you so much!

Posted: 28 June 2010 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-19

Kethleen, good to know that!! I feel much better now!

Guys, I fell the summer in Seattle is my dream! I live in NYC and I really hate summer in this city. 3h ago, I had to turn on the AC and 2 fans - at same room. It’s just impossible to be home without them! grrr

Thanks, every one!!!