Fondant Decoration
Posted: 29 June 2010 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

How would one (meaning me) go about making small fondant decorations. I have an order (I hope) for some baby shower cupcakes….I would do choc cupcakes w/ ganache and 1 fondant decoration on each. Any ideas on what i could put on top? I am thinking baby bottles but how would I go about making these?? Do I need to get a baby cookie cutter?  Do they even SELL tiny cookie cutters?

Posted: 29 June 2010 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

If you go to a website called http://www.firstimpressionsmolds.com they have a alot of small silicone molds for baby themes. I have quite a few of their molds and they are excellent. Just push your fondant into the mold, trim away any extra fondant, and push it out. If it is a deep mold I find that if you put it in the freezer for a half hour they are easier to get out. You can let the fondant dry and paint your decorations as well. And the nice thing is that you will have a nice three dimensional decoration on your cupcakes instead of a two dimensional from the cookie cutters. Hope this helps you.

Posted: 29 June 2010 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

wow i never seen those before!! but ud have to use them w/ just one color or else you’d have to paint them right?? (I dont want to paint). I just want something simple, i think i undercharged again lol.

Posted: 01 July 2010 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2007-11-27

If you have small round cutters, make carriages.  One big circle, with one quarter of it trimmed away at a right angle,  then two more small circles for wheels and you’re good to go.  Put a little flower somewhere on it and that will make it a little more festive.

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

Posted: 03 July 2010 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2008-11-03

I love those First Impression molds, too. How many do you have to make? Using fondant like that is like Play-Doh, I enjoy scultping with it. You can get tiny cutters that are pastry cutters but I don’t know what kind of variety you would get. The ones I have are for Christmas and pie making, a fall theme.