Anyone use Hersheys Cocoa with Domingo and Choc Fudge Cakes?
Posted: 02 July 2010 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2010-02-24

I have made three chocolate cakes from TCB using Droeste dutch processed coca.  The Choc Domingo was excellent.  It is my new favorite cake.  The Choc Fudge and All American Choc Butter cakes tasted a little bitter.  It could be that I am not used to dutch processed cocoa and am afraid my guests will feel the same way.  TCB lists the Domingo and Choc Fudge recipes with hersheys or dutch processed cocoa.  Has anyone made these cakes with Hershey?s cocoa?  What was the difference?  Thanks.

Posted: 02 July 2010 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3168
Joined  2010-04-25

This is not an answer to your actual question at all, but I wanted to add that I use Green & Black’s cocoa powder (which is dutch processed), and it’s very delicious.

Posted: 02 July 2010 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  146
Joined  2010-03-30

I have used Hershey’s Special Dark which is a blend of cocoa and alkalized cocoa.  It is fine.

Posted: 02 July 2010 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2008-08-19

I’ve used it for the Choc fudge cake.  There’s a note at the bottom of the ingredients list that tells you how much baking soda to use (and you omit the baking powder).  I think it comes out just as good as when I make the original version with dutched cocoa.

Posted: 03 July 2010 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2008-11-03

I love Dutched and use the Hershey’s without any problems but for some reason, the Droste never works well for me. . . .