Remonce leaking out of Bear Claws
Posted: 02 March 2008 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-03-02

I used Rose’s recipe for remonce for my bear claws. I did not make the danish dough using her recipe but got it in bulk from my supplier. It tastes fine and I am running a small cafe entirely on my own (no employees at all yet) so I have to cut corners somewhere or I’ll never get any sleep! So, despite all my best efforts (sealing all around with egg wash, pinching tightly all around), I still have leakage of the remonce. The filling is too delicious to lose any! And it isn’t leaking only from where you make the cut for the “claws”—even at the ends it leaks out. Is this a common problem or is it just me? Any suggestions?

Posted: 03 March 2008 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

Sounds like the problem is with the dough you’re using.  Why don’t you try a batch with Rose’s dough recipe and see if the same thing happens.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 03 March 2008 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  598
Joined  2007-11-27

Sometimes with bulk items there’s a sheet that tells you about temp ranges, and storage.  It could be that you’re rolling too thin, or baking at too high a temp.  If it didn’t come with the product, call your sales rep and ask for one.  If that doesn’t help, your sales rep should be able to put you in touch with the company’s rep (the company who made the dough) who should be able to answer your questions.

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

‹‹ key lime pie      Frozen Mixed-Berry Pie ››