Portugese rolls
Posted: 07 July 2010 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-07-07

Hi can any one help I go on holiday to Portugal a lot I love their bread rolls(Paco Secos ). I have tried all sorts of so called Paco Secos recipies. Some look perfect but do not taste the same . Dose anyone know the recipe that the Portuguese bakeries use . Any help would be very much appreciated   WEEJJY

Posted: 15 July 2010 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-07

I am very surprised with the following this forum has that know-one has been able to come up a Recipe for these particular type of rolls. Or even have the courtesy to acknowledge the request

Posted: 15 July 2010 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4839
Joined  2008-04-16

Sorry weejy, I don’t know what these are or have a recipe.  There are a number of recipes for rolls in The Bread Bible, but it is not clear if they are close to what you are looking for.

Good luck!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 18 July 2010 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-07

Hi Julie thank you for replying to my query regarding Paco Secos Rolls. They are rolls that are sold very morning all over Portugal’s. They are odd shaped rolls but taste absolutely fabulous .I think that they are made from white Portuguese white bread dough but are bake with steam and on the sole of the oven .Again thanks for your replay Weejjy