cheese cake wedding cake
Posted: 15 July 2010 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2009-05-17

I have a customer that wanted just a 6 in cake to put her topper and CUT for the wedding pictures and a friend is making a couple of sheet cakes (small wedding of 50). Her mother is the one that contacted me and I told her that she needed at least a 8 or 9 in to have something to cut. Anyway, she kept saying she (mom) liked yellow cake but her daughter did like raspberry filling but they really didn’t like cake. I suggested cheesecake and she said ,“I don’t really like cheesecake”. I let her taste some IMBC that I had left from some cupcakes (I had flavored it with honey and Maple syrup-yummmy) and a regular xxxx cream frosting. She scarffed them both down and SHE liked the really sweet one. I told her I needed to talk to her daughter, who is in the Navy and stationed at the Pentagon, to talk about details and will be home 3 days before the wedding. The daughter called me and the conversation went like this:
Me:Your mom says you wanted yellow cake with raspberry filling and a sweet frosting
Amanda: well, we really don’t like cake but I suppose we have to have something
Me: how about a cheesecake
Amanda:REALLY!!! we both love cheesecake, what kind can you make
Me: I could do a white chocolate raspberry swirl since you like raspberry filling
Amanda: I would LOVE that; could you still frost it and decorate it some
Me: yes, how large
Amanda: at least 10 inches I think
Me: you’d better call your mom and break the news to her!!
She did and mom called me today and wasn’t too happy that they weren’t getting what SHE wanted and she’s paying for it

anyhow, after all of this, my question is, do I do a 2 layer like a regular cake or just make a double batch of my batter and fill the pan fuller that normal 10in x 3 in high?
I make alot of cheesecakes but haven’t done one as a wedding cake. I think I may just make a smaller 6 inch cheescake for the topper to sit on.

Any suggestions or ideas. Plus this is an outdoor wedding and I told the bride she will have to cut the cake right away and not let it sit out. She said they had planned on doing that anyway.

Thanks for your help
Colleen

Posted: 15 July 2010 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4789
Joined  2008-04-16

Colleen, not sure of the answer to your question on two layers vs. one, but I just wanted to say *yikes* on having to be the go-between for daughter and mother!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 17 July 2010 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4789
Joined  2008-04-16

The Cake Bible has a wedding cheesecake on p.507.  It uses 3 inch pans, 12-9-6.  Perhaps it would be helpful to do just the 9-6 from that recipe?  Hope you’ll post a picture when the project is done!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 17 July 2010 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2009-05-17

thanks, I’ll check it out