2 of 2
Anniversary and Retirement Cakes
Posted: 09 November 2010 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2010-10-06

I loved your both the cakes… they look so beautiful… god know when I will bake such beautiful cakes… Please tell me which buttercream u used for making basket weave ??

Posted: 09 November 2010 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  880
Joined  2009-05-25

I used the White Chocolate Mouselline Buttercream from TCB.  I do take out a small amount of the buttercream and add the melted white chocolate to it, then add it to the rest of the buttercream.  I’ve lost some white chocolate (and a whole batch of buttercream) when I added it directly to the buttercream (I can’t remember if the white chocolate hardened into lumps or if it curdled), but as per the great people on the forum, I learned that little trick which has prevented me from ruining another batch!  Also, I added some Navan liqueur—not as much as the recipe calls for, but about 1/2.

Posted: 09 November 2010 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2010-10-22

Wow, both cakes are absolutely stunning.  I’m glad to hear you did different flavors on the two layers.  I was debating doing that with my most recent cake, but then was worried that it would be too complicated in serving and perhaps not enough of the one flavor or the other.  Next time I think I’ll just go for it!  The carrot cake combo sounds delicious.

Posted: 23 November 2010 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2008-02-28

Sherrie, those are absolutely gorgeous!!  I wanted to ask if you’d share how you positioned the pearl dragees for the 60 on the anniversary cake.  I have a 70th birthday cake coming up, and thought I’d steal the idea grin

Posted: 22 March 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  880
Joined  2009-05-25

Hi LittleIsland,
I used a very steady hand and in some cases tweezers.  I cut out the 60 on foam board and gently pushed it on cold buttercream so I had an outline to work with.  Hope this isn’t too latefor you.

2 of 2