Lemon Cake with White Chocolate Ganache - Advice Please
Posted: 19 July 2010 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-07-19

Hi there,

I am so pleased that I found this site - bakophile heaven!

This weekend I am making a christening cake and I’d appreciate some advice. The cake will be a two tier (11in, 9in) lemon sponge, with a lemon and limoncello liqueur soaking syrup, filled with a white chocolate ganache and covered in fondant icing. I tested the cake recipe this weekend and am now slightly worried about using ganache as I wonder if it will remain firm, especially if the weather heats up. When I made the ganache I used 3x white chocolate to cream (35%) and added a few drops of lemon oil - it tasted lovely, but took an age to firm, even after I put it in the fridge. It has now set firm (in the fridge), but I’m now doubting its stability for when I split, fill and stack the cakes, especially as the cake will need to be at room temperature for 1-2 days. Should I avoid using this ganache or would upping the amount of chocolate do the trick?
Any advice that you could give would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

C

Posted: 20 July 2010 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-07-19

Hi Anne,

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I appreciate it. After searching the forum I feel far more confident that my ganache will be fine - actually I left it out all day yeasterday and it softenend but held its shape.

I’ll let you know how it turns out.