Chocolate Glaze
Posted: 19 July 2010 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-07-19

I’m a new member and just wanted to show my first attempt at Chocolate Glaze. It looked shiny and beautiful on top, but no so perfect on the sides. I poured it at 26 degrees as suggested, but next time I’m going to try it just a bit warmer.

Image Attachments
Glaze.jpg

Posted: 19 July 2010 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

Hi, Daniela, and welcome!

Your glaze looks beautiful!  And, if it’s imperfect on the sides, you’re also a great selective photographer, because the photo looks flawless!

Now you have to tell us all about the cake underneath it, who it was for, was it delicous, how did YOU like it, how did THEY like it, and did you have fun making it!!!

Posted: 19 July 2010 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-19

Ok, ok! So, it was two layers of German Chocolate cake filled with whipped dark chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries. I made if for a Shabbat dinner and everybody loved it. I liked it very much but, if I had to say something it will be that after applying the ganache and the glaze, the chocolate frosting got a little too thick and rich to my taste but hey!, didn’t receive any complains! And, if I had to give advice it will be “don’t bake the German Chocolate Cake in silicone pans”. They came out all askew, something like 1 1/2 inch on one side and 1/2 inch on the other. Yeah, that bad. So I dutifully run to the store and got a set of regular 9 inch pans, and started from the beginning…

Posted: 19 July 2010 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

Beautiful cake, Daniela!  Love the roses, and from what I can see of the sides they look pretty good.  Did you make the Ger Choc cake from Rose’s Heavenly Cakes?  Thanks for sharing about the silicone pans, good to know.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 19 July 2010 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

Sounds like a fabulous cake!!!  Definate variety frosting/topping tolerances in the world.  I love cake w/no frosting and with frosting piled disgustingly high (if it’s good).

There’s a lot of yeah/nay re siliocone.  I’m a bit hesitant to try it myself—thanks for your comments on it.

Looking forward to your future bakings!!!

Posted: 19 July 2010 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-19

Yes Julie. The German Chocolate Cake, the sour cream ganache and the glaze where from RHC. Thank you and Anne for your comments!

Posted: 26 July 2010 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1148
Joined  2009-11-24

the cake looks beautiful… and the roses just perfect

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.