pan replacement, baking ingredients and conversion
Posted: 28 July 2010 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-06-10

Hello guys!

I’ll be making some cookie bars for a friend of mine this coming friday and i have a little problem. I’ll be making these bars on a 8x12 rectangular pan and i would be cutting them 1.5x1.5 inches, this would probably yield me about 40 pieces of 1.5x1.5 inch bars with few little scraps at the side right?. The problem is…i need 90 pieces of the bars and making 2 batches of the recipe (that would yield about 80pcs) would not suffice the 90pcs i need, so this means i need to bake another batch more (on the 8x12 pan) yeilding 40 pcs more am still. Then that would give me many leftovers right?....Ahh…mathematics really makes my head burst. My problem now is…Can anybody help me how can i be able to get the 90pcs mark without(or maybe less) of leftovers? Should i just half the recipe? and if i halve it up…what kind of pan should i use then?

Also…in cutting in half the ingredients on recipes….one of the recipes i will be making needs 3 eggs….Now i dont know how to cut half 3 eggs? anyone knows? what is the half of 3 eggs?

And…is this right?—> The half of “1/3 cup” IS “5tbsp + 1tsp”?

Lastly…can you guys share a good link or website for conversions? i am really having a bad time with numbers and its really not a friend of mine…hehehe! if u know a website that converts and measures especially in baking…kindly share…thanks!

Well..i hope to hear from someone soon!

Thanks and Godbless u guys!

Posted: 30 July 2010 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-06-10

Thanks for all the replies guys! smile

more power and Godbless always!