Rose’s book (Heavenly Cake)
Posted: 30 July 2010 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-06-10

Hi guys! me again!

Am so happy today cause i have been looking for Rose’s book here where i live for eternity and i cant find one….then…i was at the mall today and i saw her book (last copy) and i was so thrilled….the problem was that i didnt carry extra money with me so the kind saleslady told me that they can actually reserve the book for me without me paying anything for it.  Yehey! :D

When i got home this afternoon, i researched and read reviews about the book and i read someones comment that there is a DVD of Ms. Rose in demonstration on tips and tricks in the kitchen. My question now is….is this DVD included on the book when i purchase it? Cause the book that i saw today was on 20% discount and it is sealed and is not allowed to open (meaning i dont know if there is a DVD included on it if there really is one when someone buys it).

Kindly enlighten me on this because if there really is one….ofcourse i want to own one(DVD) also together with the book itself

Thanks and Godbless! smile

Posted: 30 July 2010 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  767
Joined  2007-11-15

I bought the book when it was first published and it did NOT have a DVD enclosed.  The videos can be seen here on Rose’s blog and on Youtube.

Posted: 30 July 2010 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07

There was no DVD with my book either. Perhaps they meant Rose has videos on YouTube and her blog???  However, my book wasn’t sealed. 

I am so glad I finally decided to buy RHC.  After making her recipes, I feel Rose raises the bar and makes all other baking books unnecessary.

I also bought her Bread Bible and Cake Bible.  My next purchase will be her Pie Bible

Posted: 30 July 2010 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

I don’t think there have been any RHC books distributed with an enclosed DVD.  All of the video footage that Rose has made available is on YouTube, and accessible through this site as well.  Hector has made a Bread DVD and has intentions, some time in the future, to make a Cake DVD, but that won’t happen for a while, I believe.  When he does make it, it will include everything already posted on YouTube.

Hope that helps.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 30 July 2010 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07

I seriously cannot wait for that. Hector rocks!

Posted: 31 July 2010 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-06-10

ok! i just wanted to make sure about things! thank u for all the feedback! i cant wait to have it….and i hope that i can encounter the “Cake Bible” someday here…it would really be a delight!

Thanks again! smile

Posted: 31 July 2010 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

Just wait until you peel off that wrapper, open that book and feast your eyes on all the beautiful pictures!  It is an incredibly beautiful book!!!!!