M&M’s and cookies
Posted: 30 July 2010 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

does anyone know if u put m&ms; in a cookie (well, on top) and bake it, wil they come out w/ the M&Ms; in the same spot??
that probably makes no sense…..ok, I am thinking of making cookies w/ M&Ms;, but instead of just mixing them in, making a dough ball, flattening it out a bit and then laying the M&Ms; on top in the shape of baseball lines. I am wondering if i baked them, if they will come out looking like baseball cookies lol.  or maybe iam crazy

Posted: 30 July 2010 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

I think it will work.  It depends on the cookie dough though…some doughs get very soft in the oven and spread a lot.  I think I would set them up on the cookie sheet, and then refigerate them for a while before baking to minimize the spread.

Posted: 19 August 2010 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  923
Joined  2009-05-25

Although it’s heresy to mention this on the site (jk), replacing some of the butter with shortening will also minimize spread.

Posted: 05 August 2014 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2007-11-27

the M&Ms; could shift a little during baking as the dough rises (even if there’s no spread) so maybe it’s better to put them on after baking if the decoration is important; or if they move during baking, you can just say the batter hit the ball really hard and knocked the lines off kilter LOL wink

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)