2 of 2
The wedding was wonderful and at least the cake ‘tasted’ good.
Posted: 07 August 2010 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4838
Joined  2008-04-16

Linda, I’m so happy to be able to see those pictures!  The cakes are beautiful, they are much, much prettier and more professional-looking than I expected from your description.  Like the others said, you are your own worst critic. 

Love the happy couple, just beautiful.  And the picture of you all serving the cakes is so funny.  LOL

You did a fabulous job, and played a large role in bringing off your daughter’s wedding beautifullly.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 07 August 2010 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  163
Joined  2009-12-05

Thank you Loopy, I appreciate the support.

Yes, people forget their commitments, or don’t realize how they affect others.

Signature 

Linda R.

Posted: 07 August 2010 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-05

Thanks Julie, all of you are so kind and have made this all so bearable.  I actually slept great last night, first night in a long time, no laying in bed feeling bad.

LOL, we had a lot of fun both cutting the cake and ‘cutting the rug’- I love to dance and got my sisters out there too.

You all are sooo kind.  Thank you, thank you!

Signature 

Linda R.

Posted: 07 August 2010 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1094
Joined  2009-05-26

Linda, thank you for sharing the story and the pictures! Beautiful picture of your daughter and son-in-law cutting the cakes.

I echo all the others that the cakes looks much prettier than your description. It is AMAZING that you does all this - with all those people at your place and having the stress as it is with your daughter’s wedding. What’s even more unbelievable to me is the different flavor of those cakes!!! I bet they all taste so good!
I thought the cake look pretty with the different flower color - I guess it helped that the cake is covered with white bc smile.

Funny picture of your and your sisters with the knife, LOL, I like that one A LOT!

Congratulations again on the success and for your daughter’s marriage!

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 07 August 2010 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-05

Thank you Jenn, they are a cute couple.  Thanks for the cake compliments, I still see all the flaws, but am feeling much better with everyone’s support.

LOL, yes, we were having a good time, and they were giving me grief the whole week end.  smile

Signature 

Linda R.

2 of 2