2 of 3
Nordic Ware Platinum Series
Posted: 10 August 2010 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  777
Joined  2007-11-15

I have the Nordicware Heritage pan and I can assure you the cake just drops out!  I bought mine just a few months ago from Amazon, I am in the UK, and I had coveted that pan for a while after seeing cakes on this site made in it.  Although I love the shape and my cakes do not stick at all, I have had a problem with the cake not cooking right through, a problem I haven’t had before with other pans.  I haven’t solved the problem so far, but I will keep you informed about the next cake I bake in it, so far I have only used it twice.

Posted: 10 August 2010 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

Nordic Ware?s Platinum line v their Commercial line

Hey, MJ!

The Fleur de lys is from the Platinum collection, and it is the non-stickingest pan I’ve ever used!

Posted: 10 August 2010 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07
jeannette - 10 August 2010 08:13 AM

I have the Nordicware Heritage pan and I can assure you the cake just drops out!  I bought mine just a few months ago from Amazon, I am in the UK, and I had coveted that pan for a while after seeing cakes on this site made in it.  Although I love the shape and my cakes do not stick at all, I have had a problem with the cake not cooking right through, a problem I haven’t had before with other pans.  I haven’t solved the problem so far, but I will keep you informed about the next cake I bake in it, so far I have only used it twice.

Than you, I would appreciate that.

Posted: 10 August 2010 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07
Anne in NC - 10 August 2010 11:43 AM

Nordic Ware?s Platinum line v their Commercial line

Hey, MJ!

The Fleur de lys is from the Platinum collection, and it is the non-stickingest pan I’ve ever used!

That is a big help to know that. Thank you!

Posted: 10 August 2010 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-05-19

I have the heritage, bavarian, and elegant heart.  They are all easy to unmold.  I use a butter and flour or cocoa and butter mixture to grease them.  I never use Pam or similar sprays with flour.  The lecithin will build up over time and ruin the non-stick quality.  The heritage is cool because the cake comes out with crunchy edges on the fin blade edges and a moist cakey interior.  All my pans mentioned above are heavy aluminum with a gray no-stick interior.

I love bundts- they are basically pre-decorated cakes.  I have the egg pan and sea shells too, I use them to make tea cakes when ever I have extra batter from another recipe.

The heritage is indeed 10 cup and most standard bundt recipes are for 9 cups, but the heritage cakes still look fabulous, just a tad shorter.

Posted: 10 August 2010 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

That is really great to know..thank you so much.

When you say tea cakes, are you referring to quick breads?  Which pan would you normally use if you weren’t using the egg or sea shell pan?

Posted: 10 August 2010 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

I never use Pam or similar sprays with flour

Ditto!

Posted: 10 August 2010 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-05-19

when I say tea cakes I mean little cakes like madeleines.  I use it loosely as a term for small little cakes, but not including brownies and heavier batters.  I am into bite size pastries. 

I use madeleine batter for Nordic Ware seashell pan or whatever is left over.

Here’s the seashell pan
http://www.centralchef.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=123094&c=0&i=251082054

Posted: 10 August 2010 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

That is so cute! I would never have imagined the shells were little

I’ve never tried bite-size pastries yet

I have a lot to look forward to

Posted: 10 August 2010 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1092
Joined  2009-05-26

missyjean, you should get the heritage. I know I’m completely bias since I covet it. But if I had seen that one before I purchased the fleur de lis pan, I would have totally got the heritage.

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 10 August 2010 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

But if I had seen that one before I purchased the fleur de lis pan, I would have totally got the heritage.

Ditto, except that I’m a bit worried about that not baking through thingy jeanette mentions…

Posted: 10 August 2010 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07
Jenn - 10 August 2010 06:49 PM

missyjean, you should get the heritage. I know I’m completely bias since I covet it. But if I had seen that one before I purchased the fleur de lis pan, I would have totally got the heritage.

My husband likes the Heritage too. He is taking me to the city on Saturday to see it in person.  It is a 2 hour ride.  There are no specialty stores in my area and I don’t drive that far by myself.

One question…should I get a regular bundt too or will the Heritage work for me for now?

Posted: 10 August 2010 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07
Anne in NC - 10 August 2010 07:00 PM

But if I had seen that one before I purchased the fleur de lis pan, I would have totally got the heritage.

Ditto, except that I’m a bit worried about that not baking through thingy jeanette mentions…

Do you think that could have been a 1-time thing? I’ve been reading some reviews and the Bavaria produces cakes which are more dense than the Heritage appears to

Posted: 11 August 2010 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07
kayakado - 09 August 2010 05:13 PM

Despite WS’s claim that the Heritage Bundt is unique to them and an internet exclusive puirchase.  None of that is true, you can get it at the stores and from others.  You can get it from Wasserstrom for $25.54 plus shipping and it is still less than WS.  I can’t understand why they have to overcharge for everything.

http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/SearchCtrlCmd?storeId=10051&langId;=-1&searchType=Basic&filter;=&sort_results=relevance&narrowSearchTermFilterArray;=&newSearch=true&stdPageSize=20&currPgNum;=&searchFilter;=&errorViewName=SearchResultsView&search_field=heritage+bundt

Other selections of bundt pans at good prices are…

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/

http://www.bakedeco.com

It seems WS’s advertising they have an exclusive is correct. I just got off the phone with Nordic Ware

http://www.nordicware.com/

The have a very helpful website and great customer service reps

The rep told me WS has an exclusive on Heritage (platinum line) and all other versions for sale are the commercial line. They said not even Nordic Ware can sell it.

She said the difference between the commercial line and platinum series is the commercial version will not be as shiny on the outside.  Both lines are lined with silicone and will preform beautifully.

The Nordic Ware site has many tutorial videos which I found very helpful too

Posted: 11 August 2010 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

I am pretty certain I am going to order the Heritage but I feel I should get a more-plain pan as well

The Anniversary pan is a 10-15 cup bundt.

Will I be able to use this pan for 10 cup recipes or am I better of sticking to the Heritage (10 cup) for that size recipe and using larger quantity recipes in the Anniversary pan?

2 of 3

‹‹ Pastry board      Bundt Pan Sizes ››