3 of 3
Nordic Ware Platinum Series
Posted: 13 August 2010 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07

I ordered 2 pans. I bought the platinum series anniversary pan (original bundt) and received it today.  I also ordered the Heritage pan from Williams Sonoma.  They hadn’t shipped it yesterday so I told the customer service rep that if I don’t receive it by next weekend, I won’t need it.  I then asked her what their return policy was. Next weekend is the company picnic for my husband’s job and I was hoping to make the Whipped Cream Cake in the Heritage pan and bring it to the picnic.

I heard Williams Sonoma had terrible customer service but I was very surprised today when I learned my order shipped and they shipped it 3-day (I paid for ground shipping).  I was excited about that.

Today I baked the Whipped Cream Cake in the original bundt pan. This is the first time I ever made a bundt cake,  It unmolded easily.  This is also the first time I ever whipped heavy cream grin

Image Attachments
IMG_4399.jpgIMG_4401.jpgIMG_4400.jpg

Posted: 13 August 2010 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3148
Joined  2010-04-25

MJ, your perfect bundt cake is a noteworthy example of how beautiful the “plain” bundt pan really is!!!!

How do you like the whipped cream cake???

Posted: 14 August 2010 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Thank you so much! I liked it a lot. I baked it for 31 minutes. I think I could have taken it out of the oven at 28 minutes. It wasn’t dry at all but I think it would have been a bit more moist around the center tube had I removed it sooner.  The crumb was perfect, IMO

I was getting worried my cream would never stiffen but it eventually did.  I probably will do better the next time I make this. 

How can you tell the peaks are stiff when using a mixer without a tilt head? What I finally did was use a whisk to test it

My husband thought it was delicious and had just the right sweetness

Posted: 14 August 2010 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2009-11-20

missyjean, Your cake looks so yummy! I can’t wait to hear all about the company picnic when you show up with this cake made in the Heritage Pan. That pan gives The RHC ~ Whipped Cream cake the attention that it deserves.  My husband likes this cake too! smile

Posted: 14 August 2010 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Thank you! I will definitely post the picture after I make it in that pan.  I think the presentation followed by the delicious cake will be a hit!

3 of 3

‹‹ Pastry board      Bundt Pan Sizes ››