Muffin Cookbook
Posted: 19 August 2010 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  903
Joined  2009-05-25

While I love the muffin recipes in TCB, I’m looking to purchase a good comprehensive muffin recipe book, preferably with some whole grain/healthier additions (doesn’t have to be 100% whole wheat, but some recipes that offer those options).  Any recommendations from the learned bakers here is appreciated!

Posted: 19 August 2010 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07

I believe some members here have said they use whole grain flour for some of Rose’s recipes.  Some live outside the US and are unable to purchase bleached flour

Posted: 20 August 2010 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-25

Don’t get me wrong…I love Rose’s recipes and the cranberry banana walnut loaf baked as muffins is one of my faves and go to recipes, but I’m looking for a book entirely devoted to muffins of huge variations.

Posted: 20 August 2010 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07

I have to try the Cranberry Banana Walnut Loaf. It sounds great.  That type of baked good is our favorite, every day treat.

Have you tried the books put out by the grain companies such as Bob’s Red Mill Cookbook, Hodgson Mill whole Grain Baking and King Arthur Flour’s whole Grain Baking?  I have the KA book.  I baked a whole wheat coffee cake from that book today.

Posted: 22 August 2010 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-08-22

Sherrie,

I own a cafe and I use the A to Z Muffin Cookbook by Marie Simmons. There are tons of recipes and all my customers love them.

Hope that helps

Posted: 22 August 2010 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-25

Thanks KaCee!  I will look into that one.  Dare I request titles that include grams in addition to volumetric measures?  I absolutely love measuring by mass in comparison to volume!