Comment to increase writer’s readership
Posted: 09 September 2010 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  313
Joined  2009-07-24

Webmaster,

Under “Hot out of the oven” there is a thread called “A simple fun way to decorate cakes” started by Rose. Someone named John left this comment:

“hey man, nice blog…really like it and added to bookmarks. keep up with good work.”

I have a blog, and I get variations of this comment from different people constantly. This is a stock comment to leave when you really want to get your own URL up with your name and hope readers will click it, sending more traffic their way. My blog host, WordPress, knows to automatically send these comments to the spam box.

I suggest you remove this comment, as it is not a sincere response to Rose, but rather a ruse to increase this person’s readership.

I don’t even want to click John’s URL to see what his business is, but you can bet it is not cakes or baking.

Kathleen

P.S. Don’t click his name to open his web site—he will know how many came from Roses’s forum.

Signature 

Please visit me at http://cookinginmexico.com/ for recipes and photos

Posted: 10 September 2010 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1360
Joined  2008-09-27
Kathleen - 10 September 2010 02:31 AM

I suggest you remove this comment, as it is not a sincere response to Rose, but rather a ruse to increaser this person’s readership.

Interesting info, thanks Kathleen.

(BTW, I PM’d your note to the administrator, in case he doesn’t check here often.)

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 10 September 2010 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4795
Joined  2008-04-16

Yes, there have been a number of these sorts of posts on a few of Rose’s threads.

Administrators for the forum are Susannah Gardner and Travis Smith, Susannah is in contact much more often than Travis.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe