Chocolate Oblivion Truffle Torte Trumps Nutella
Posted: 16 September 2010 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  313
Joined  2009-07-24

This is a “tell” and not a “show’, as my new computer will not upload photos to miniaturize them. So you will have to use your imagination to picture the beautiful, little Chocolate Oblivion Truffle Torte I made (TCB). I say “little” because I made a half recipe, using a 6” pan. After all, there are just two of us, and it was 1/2 pound of chocolate, even with a half recipe. We are not complete piggies.  ;)

It was the first time I made this recipe, and I was extremely pleased with it. As I live in Mexico, I normally use Mexican Ibarra chocolate for much of my baking, but for this recipe, I pulled out my last pound of Belgian bittersweet chocolate, which I bring back with me from my yearly visit to the US. I now only have 8 oz. left of the Belgian chocolate, which will be hoarded for the next Oblivion Torte.

We normally have sweets with morning coffee or tea, not later in the day, so that there is all day to burn it off. This morning, I toasted two slices of homemade whole wheat pumpkinseed bread, and spread a nob of torte on the warm toast. The heat of the toast softened the chocolate into a spreadable consistency. It was divine, better than nutella.

Signature 

Please visit me at http://cookinginmexico.com/ for recipes and photos

Posted: 16 September 2010 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

My goodness, it sounds divine!!!  Congratulations, and enjoy luxuriating in your truffle torte!

Posted: 16 September 2010 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1419
Joined  2007-11-15

What a great idea!

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 16 September 2010 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2009-11-20

Kathleen, This sounds absolutely decadent, so I can’t wait to try it! oh oh  Thanks for the idea.

Posted: 16 September 2010 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

Sounds amazing!

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 17 September 2010 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

Sounds just great, Kathleen, thanks for “telling” ! smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 18 September 2010 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

I love the idea of having sweets for breakfast!!!!  This is definitely chocolate in its most sublime, decadent form.  I am salivating at the thought of that rich chocolate torte melting slowly on a slice of warm bread.