white chocolate
Posted: 17 March 2008 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-03-16

Hello everyone im new and am looking forward to hearing from all the wise people out there. I have made quite a few things out of Rose’s book. WONDERFUL BOOK. Any way here’s my question. Im making my middle sons wedding cake in April and would like to enrobed it with white chocolate dough instead of fondant. All though i have made Rose’s fondant for a wedding cake and it came out very good I would still like to use the dough instead. Has anyone used this on a wedding cake ? if so would you please share all. In great detail! and any pictures if possible. thank you very much in advance for any and all the help . Here is an example of one of the cakes I’ve made… The one on the front of the cake bible. My wonderful husband helped me

Thank you. 

Tandra

Image Attachments
IMG_0304 (Medium).JPG
 Signature 

When I get to Heaven. I want to live in the Kitchen!!

Posted: 17 March 2008 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  777
Joined  2007-11-15

I can’t help you with your query but I’d like to welcome you to the site and I know you’ll have the help you need very soon.  People on this site are very helpful and friendly.  Your cake looks really good,  I am afraid I don’t do decorating, I have made wedding cakes for my daughter and eldest son but I leave the decorating to someone else!  Good luck with your cake! cheese

Posted: 17 March 2008 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  607
Joined  2007-11-27

We use modeling chocolate (also known as candy clay, or chocolate dough) mostly for making figures, but it’s great for the outside of a cake.  You handle and apply it just like fondant.  If you are making it yourself, the ratio of corn syrup to white chocolate may vary based on the brand of chocolate you are using.  If you use too much corn syrup, it will ooze out and appear on the surface after kneading.  Make small batches if you are using a new brand of chocolate until you figure out the ratio that works for that particular brand.

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

‹‹ fondant help      white chocolate fondant ››