white chocolate fondant
Posted: 18 March 2008 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-03-16

Heres another thought. Instead of making chocolate fondant is there a recipe for white chocolate fondant instead of using the white chocolate dough.It seems as though it might be easier to rolll out than the dough. I plan on making a 12 , 10, and 6 tiered cake . Any thoughts or ideas woul be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Im really enjoying writing to people who love baking as much as i do.

Signature 

When I get to Heaven. I want to live in the Kitchen!!

Posted: 18 March 2008 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-02-03

HI!!!  For a fast, simple solution, you might simply try adding white modeling chocolate to your white fondant.  Do so after each is made…just kneed one into the other (start off with 1:1, then adjust if necessary).  I think this will work just fine, and most good cake books (the Cake Bible included) will have recipes for the white modeling chocolate.

OR you can order white chocolate fondant and save yourself some time!  The consistency of pre-made fondant is often much better than homemade.  I would recommend opting for a good-quality fondant, though…some of them can be pricey.

HAPPY DECORATING!

Posted: 21 March 2008 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

Yet another thought. Have you ever made/tried Rose’s Creme Ivoire Deluxe? It’s exactly as she writes in TCB—like a white chocolate truffle. On first bite, firm. Then dissolving in the mouth, releases buttery, chocolaty flavors. Pale ivory color, like an antique satin wedding gown. I used it for my daughter’s dark chocolate wedding cake with a Grand Marnier orange mousseline undercoat and fillings. Pipes beautifully, too!