Ganache Storage
Posted: 15 October 2010 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-06-10

Hi!

i would just like to ask u guys…how long does a ganache icing/frosting last?

I made a ganache icing/frosting last August this year. I stored it in the freezer up until now. Can i still make use of it or better make another batch? I just dont want to waste that much chocolate so i really want to know if its possible for me to still use it.

Thanks!

PS: i’d use it to frost a chocolate cake then glaze it with the laquer glaze from Rose. smile

Posted: 15 October 2010 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

Hi, Jehuty!

Ganache and butter frostings—like neoclassic and regular butter-sugar frostings—last a really, really long time in the freezer.  You can definitely still use your ganache from August.

Rose mentions how long most will keep in the recipe notes—I know for sure (from experience) that these items freeze for at least 6 months frozen, and likely a year.

Your plans sound yummmmmmyyyyyy!

Posted: 15 October 2010 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-06-10

THanks Anne!

So i’ll be using it then! hehehe! wish me luck that i can be successful with the laqcuer glaze though..its my first time with it!

Another concern of mine is the cake itself…as i have described the cake i will be doing…do u think it would stand on room temperature without melting? The cake would be transferred for about an hour in a vehicle thats why.

Thanks and Godbless!