Sour dough contianment
Posted: 15 October 2010 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-09-15

OK one thing that you should know is the container will hold up to 200lb’s of pressure. More then enough to hold it. A pressure gauge will let me know just in case.

OK here is the question is it possible to keep yeast alive under pressure. Some one I was talking to said it will. I think it will too just want to run this by you guys. My second and last question for this post is how to measure it once I open the nozzle. Extracting it will be the easy part. Measuring it well, not so easy since the by product of yeast is CO2. A large amount of foam. It would be an inaccurate measurement.

Signature 

Sour dough Experiments
I am starting a blog on My Blog

Have not that much on it until this sentence is gone off my sig.
Sorry lost access to net from moving into a trailer. I will make a post in Crazy cook soon

Posted: 15 October 2010 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1352
Joined  2008-09-27
Saphtalon - 15 October 2010 03:54 PM

OK one thing that you should know is the container will hold up to 200lb’s of pressure. More then enough to hold it. A pressure gauge will let me know just in case. OK here is the question is it possible to keep yeast alive under pressure. Some one I was talking to said it will. I think it will too just want to run this by you guys. My second and last question for this post is how to measure it once I open the nozzle. Extracting it will be the easy part. Measuring it well, not so easy since the by product of yeast is CO2. A large amount of foam. It would be an inaccurate measurement.

I must admit that I am completely mystified by this post.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 17 October 2010 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-01-24

It seems to be the continuation of a beer brewing conversation. Forums are coming under increasing attacks by the spammers. Sigh.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 17 October 2010 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-15

I am not talking about bear. just to clear that up.

Sour dough is for bread.

I think I figured this out on my own. Just have to construct the device once I sold my DS to get the money for the thing.

Signature 

Sour dough Experiments

Sorry lost access to net from moving into a trailer. I will make a post in Crazy cook soon

Posted: 24 October 2010 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-15

Just an update. I have sold my DS and I could only use part of that money for the project. Credit card comes first.

However that only slowed me down. I have spent $46 on this project so far only because they don’t sell PVC in just one foot per person. So I am making one for making soda from yeast as well. I have pictures attached on this post so you just need to click it.

All I have left to get is a few peaces and trade a part that did not work.

Image Attachments
Home project & harvest 037.jpg
 Signature 

Sour dough Experiments