I have some doubts—
1. how much is 1.5 cups in grams?
2. The sugar that u used is powdered or reg sugar?
3. Which brand condensed milk did u use?
4. Is the orange juice mandatory or u used it for the orange flavour?
5. Can i skip the orange juice?will it make any diff to the cake then?
Hiii Ruchira Please see the details required as follows:
I used this for 7 x 2.83 ( My pan sizes are bid weird )
All Pupose Flour : 160gms
Baking powder : 1 teaspoon = 5gms
Baking Soda : 1/2 teaspoon : 2.5 gms
Regular fine grain sugar : 200gms
If you want to make chocolate cake.. which comes out great as well : use
All purpose flour : 118gm and Cocoa powder : 42gms
In this case use Coke instead of Orange Juice.. and please be assured it comes out great. Use coke without any hesitation you will love it
If you making vanilla Cake you can substitute Orange juice with any soda drink ( don;t use cola ) fanta or sprite / 7up is fine. You can use any condense milk just remember if it is sweetened than use 150gms of Sugar.
Bake at 200c for 20mins and then for 20mins more at 170c
I also had tried Wowie cake also known as War or Depression cake it uses Vinegar.
In case you need to know more do feel free to ask:)