polder kitchen scale
Posted: 24 October 2010 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2009-09-04

Hello- Does anyone have experience w/ the Polder brand of kitchen scale? I know it is not the usual recommended brand, but I found one at a store where I have credit and was wondering if it would be worth it. It is a small digital, thin and flat.
Thanks for the help.

Posted: 24 October 2010 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  378
Joined  2010-04-09

Hi gpears, sorry no experience with the Polder, but I am still a big fan of my Eatsmart Precision Pro (a whopping $25!), so I know that the scale doesn’t have to be expensive to work well.  I’m sure the Polder would work just fine…as long as it’s got a tare feature, can convert from grams/ounces/pounds/kg easily, goes up to the max weight you need, and doesn’t shut off automatically too quickly, then that’s pretty much all you need!

Posted: 24 October 2010 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3168
Joined  2010-04-25

I haven’t tried the Polder, either, but I also have an inexpensive (Escali) scale—also only $25—and it works great, so I ditto that the Polder should be fine, too.  I took a Sharpee marker and wrote on the bottom of each of my mixing bowls their weights in grams and in ounces—this way I can always confirm the scale is still accurate and I can always know the weight of my batter if I’ve tared between ingredients (re-weigh the whole thing and subtract the mixing bowl weight.

You’re going to LOVE your scale when you get it!!!!!

Posted: 27 October 2010 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2007-11-15

what i love MOST of my MYWEIGH KD-8000, is that it reads super fast.  also, the numbers don’t oscillate up and down as on most typical scales with a slower thinking electronics.

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 27 October 2010 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1360
Joined  2008-09-27
hectorwong - 27 October 2010 06:54 PM

what i love MOST of my MYWEIGH KD-8000, is that it reads super fast.  also, the numbers don’t oscillate up and down as on most typical scales with a slower thinking electronics.

The biggest complaint on Amazon is how slow this scale is to boot up.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 27 October 2010 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2007-11-15

for whatever reason i find this NOT an inconvenience AT ALL, that the scale takes 5 seconds to boot up.

believe me, i use electronic scales every day and through the day, and a fast reading that doesn’t ‘oscillate’ is my preference.  i have a variety of other electronic scales, which oscillating reading drive me nuts!  sometimes it can take 5 seconds for the oscillating number to settle!

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/