Cleaning a contianer
Posted: 24 October 2010 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-09-15

Earlier I posted about A way to contain sour dough outside the fridge. The reason I built this container was to keep it pressurized. I think that will slow down the reproduction of the yeast thus prolonging the time to feed it and preparing bread.

Anyway it would be great if some of you can explain to me how to bleach this thing. Like how much bleach to how much water. I just need to know how much to kill germs and still be able to do this without gloves. If there is another way I would like to hear it. I have not glued it together yet so it will be easy to clean. the contents will be under pressure so bacteria wont be able to grow either.

Here is the reference to the thread
http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/index_ee.php/forums/viewthread/2805/

Signature 

Sour dough Experiments
I am starting a blog on My Blog

Have not that much on it until this sentence is gone off my sig.
Sorry lost access to net from moving into a trailer. I will make a post in Crazy cook soon

Posted: 25 October 2010 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2008-01-24

Okay Saphtalon,
I think I see where you are going with this. You don’t need to sterilize your container. Just wash it with soap and rinse with clean water. The yeast will take care of itself and prevent other bacteria from growing.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 25 October 2010 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-09-15

Oh ok thanks. Thats what I was thinking just wanted to make sure

Signature 

Sour dough Experiments
I am starting a blog on My Blog

Have not that much on it until this sentence is gone off my sig.
Sorry lost access to net from moving into a trailer. I will make a post in Crazy cook soon

Posted: 28 October 2010 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2008-01-24

Hi Saphtalon,
I have been doing some reading in a book about fermentation and the design of bioreactors.

Practical Fermentation Technology Edited by Brian McNeil and Linda M. Harvey ? 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ISBN: 978-0-470-01434-9

This book states that some bioreactors are built to act as pressure vessels. Increased pressure stimulates yeast growth by concentrating the available oxygen.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”