Has anyone looked at sour dough on youtube
Posted: 25 October 2010 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-09-15

Here is something non-technical. You are all here for cooking and baking right? Why bring up a technical question. Like if yeast can stay alive under pressure.

Anyway, I saw some stuff on you-tube and thought wow. Did not know it was that popular on there. What do you guys think?

Signature 

Sour dough Experiments
I am starting a blog on My Blog

Have not that much on it until this sentence is gone off my sig.
Sorry lost access to net from moving into a trailer. I will make a post in Crazy cook soon

Posted: 26 October 2010 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-01-24

There is some good some indifferent and some bad. We all must use our best judgement.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 26 October 2010 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-09-15

Well yea I would think so. There was this guy who kept his starter in a ceramic container with a seal. If it is sealed it will build up pressure and explode. any one who knows anything about ceramics knows that the last thing you want is pressure. That is the whole reason for treating it with firm hands to make sure it has no air pockets in the clay when you fire it. Then there is some that forget about the fact that in some climates you can’t capture yeast. I made my starter with a pinch of instant yeast. The less the better. It is that famous bible verse that talks about only a little bit of yeast will make the bread rise.

When I tried capture yeast I got nothing but the wrong bacteria. Smelled really bad afterword

Signature 

Sour dough Experiments
I am starting a blog on My Blog

Have not that much on it until this sentence is gone off my sig.
Sorry lost access to net from moving into a trailer. I will make a post in Crazy cook soon