leftover rolled fondant
Posted: 30 October 2010 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2010-01-24

I just wanted to get some ideas about what to do with leftover rolled fondant. I always end up with some left over and it ends up drying up or spoiling before I need it again. Is there anything else I can make or do to use it up?

Posted: 31 October 2010 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2008-02-14

You can refrigerate it in a well sealed container or a ziploc bag and then leave it outside for a while before rolling it when you need it. I have done it and it worked for me. Also I have saved little amounts and when needed just knead them together and roll them. I would freeze it as well. I think that you would have to leave it out when needed sufficient time for it to thaw. Hope this helps!!!

Posted: 31 October 2010 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2008-02-14

I asked Hector a constant contributor to the treads and he answered me that Fondant doesn?t need to be frozen that it keeps a long time OK in the fridge (In an air tight container or sealed in a ziploc). Hope this info helps you. Regards.

Posted: 02 November 2010 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2010-01-24

Thanks for the info and suggestions. I have tried keeping it in an airtight container but I was actually looking for other uses for fondant.  In the meantime I found an older thread on Rose’s site (from 2009) that I hadn’t read before about fondant being used for figurines and other decorations. I couldn’t get the link mentioned in that thread to work but I might be able to find it online for more “how-to” information.