2 of 2
Thumbs up for Mousseline buttercream
Posted: 28 November 2010 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2010-11-15

Thanks Kathy.

LittleIsland, yes, I will definitely give it a try. thank you.
I saw your cake using the strawberry cream, very lovely, the flowers are very beautiful!

Posted: 02 December 2010 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2010-10-06

Hiiii I want to share my experince of Mousseline Buttercream and OMG i am so so ecstatic smile it tsates great and roses are lovely. I piped rose for the first time its not tht pro but I will get btter with practice smile Check out the pic, its a practice cake so not so great smile

Image Attachments
Optimized-BC rose.jpgOptimized-BC rose Bouquet 2.jpg

Posted: 02 December 2010 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

Your roses look great!!!  The color and how you piped them, with the ivory frosting beneath, makes it look like one of those porcelain boxes covered with porcelain roses!!  Really nicely done!!!

Posted: 03 December 2010 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

Beautiful!  I never would have guessed that was your first time piping roses from mousseline.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 03 December 2010 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2010-11-15

They are pretty. I will try to make roses in my next project grin

Posted: 03 December 2010 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-10-06

Definitely Ineke and do share the pics:)

Posted: 03 December 2010 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07
Ineke - 16 November 2010 04:34 AM

I normally make buttercream with shortening due to the humid and warm weather in Singapore, but I did not like the after taste of the shortening.
I have been looking around to get a nice, melt in your mouth buttercream for my new cake biz and I tried the Mousseline butter cream from Rose’s Cake bible and I am hooked to it since.  I tested the buttercream to sit in room temperature for 24 hours and the result was very satisfying. thanks Rose.

Below was my test cake and a birthday cake that I made using mousseline buttercream.

Wow! you are amazingly talented! Stunning cakes!

Posted: 03 December 2010 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07
sagarika - 03 December 2010 12:27 AM

Hiiii I want to share my experince of Mousseline Buttercream and OMG i am so so ecstatic smile it tsates great and roses are lovely. I piped rose for the first time its not tht pro but I will get btter with practice smile Check out the pic, its a practice cake so not so great smile

Those roses are fantastic!

Posted: 06 December 2010 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

Beautiful cakes Ineke. Love the Winnie the Pooh cake, so beautiful and the figures looks so real!

Sagarika, I also never would have thought that’s your 1st time piping roses. They look so beautiful.

And congrats to both for discovering mousseline buttercream. It is an awesome buttercream.

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 09 December 2010 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2010-04-11

Ineke, thank you for posting these! I love all four of the cakes you’ve posted, the mousseline combed cakes look so classy too. I love the Winnie the Pooh cake of course, my fav figure is your Tigger! I make mostly fondant cakes and would love to know how the mousseling set up for you before putting your fondant on. Were you able to smooth the fondand surface without the mousseline moving all over the place underneath? Did it crust at all, before you applied the fondant? Have you ever heard of the VIVA method? (Using a viva paper towel to smooth buttercream with your hand or a small high density foam roller) and if so do you think it would still work with this?

I’m so excited to see more of your work, welcome to the forum!
Jemoiselle aka Jessie

Signature 

http://www.vanillaexpressions.com

Posted: 10 December 2010 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-10-06
Anne in NC - 03 December 2010 02:57 AM

Your roses look great!!!  The color and how you piped them, with the ivory frosting beneath, makes it look like one of those porcelain boxes covered with porcelain roses!!  Really nicely done!!!

Thanks i am glad u liked the roses, Ivory frosting is basic mousseline bc without any colour added smile

2 of 2