2 of 2
My first real wedding looking cake
Posted: 29 March 2008 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-03-27
Patrincia - 28 March 2008 05:34 AM

We cake decorators are much too hard on ourselves.
downer

We are tottaly our own worst critics. i just had to make a practice new orleand mud do i could get the hang of it. i hated it nd was so upset. it was just a ‘rough take to work and make evryone eat it cake” everyone LOVED it LOL .

Posted: 29 March 2008 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-03-27
Patrincia - 28 March 2008 05:45 PM

Years ago I made a cake with flowers arranged in a water-soaked floral sponge (oasis), placed on a plastic separator plate on the top tier…. the cake looked absolutely wonderful, but the floral foam slowly realeased some of its water over the hours the cake was on display, which meant it “leaked” onto the cake a bit due to the fact that the separator plate didn’t have sides to contain the leak.  So a word or caution to anyone who tries this method, make sure the oasis is in a container that will contain any puddles of water.

Also, it might be good to note the floral spikes available at floral shops are quite a bit larger than the floral spikes used in cakes, but I do like the fact that they have a rubber stopper.

I read somewere to also cover teh florists foam with Cling Wrap. (plastic kitchen wrap) thats for the tip i was going to try this one.

The flowers on this particular cake were just sitting on top with some extra buttercream piped on.

I loved teh pearls i piped so funny that was mentioned as a girl on thr day said the same thing LOL

xxoo

2 of 2

‹‹ Strawberry Maria      Golden Honey Oat Loaf ››