What kind of oven does RLB have?
Posted: 01 December 2010 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-12-01

I am doing a kitchen remodel.  What brand and type (gas/electric/dual fuel) does Rose Levy Beranbaum have?  Thanks!

Posted: 03 December 2010 03:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  640
Joined  2008-01-24

Welcome ll2b,
Rose doesn’t follow these forum threads regularly. I suggest we ask the audience here what ovens they have and what they like about them.
I use an electric Gaggenau. I like the options like the pizza stone and the rotisserie. Its temperature control is very accurate and even. What I don’t like is the size. It is a tad too small for some things.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 03 December 2010 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-11-19

I have a Dacor dual fuel with 6 burners and 2 ovens. It has a pure convection setting that makes all my baked goods turn out wonderful. This is the best oven I have ever had.

Posted: 03 December 2010 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07

A kitchen remodel?!! That sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

Posted: 10 December 2010 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2010-03-20

ROSE said the following in the blog: “i like the evenness of electric for cakes as there is less fluctuation of temperature but honestly, i find the difference between ovens greater between the brand of oven the gas vs. electric. i use a wolf commercial gas oven, a sharp microwave convection with convection only, and a gaggenau electric and each is different but each is acceptable. when i travel to other places i have problems with uneven ovens, or uneven racks in the oven, and back to front differentials which i try to compensate for by turning the baked goods around part way through baking. but the best thing is to know your own oven and adjust to it. in fact i use convection with my gaggenau for the last 10 minutes of bread baking to crisp the crust by ridding the oven of it’s moisture. if you’re getting burnt crust that’s another issue entire and could be faulty oven or too high a temperature.

She said this in her post titled “Golden Honey Oat Bread Revisited”...

Posted: 10 December 2010 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4839
Joined  2008-04-16

Thanks, Jose!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 11 December 2010 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1376
Joined  2008-09-27

I have an old GE oven that came with the house and was probably installed when the house was built, 30 years ago.  However, I find that the limiting factor on what I can create is entirely due to my skill level, rather than the quality of my equipment.  I suspect the same is true for the vast majority of craftsmen of all types.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

‹‹ Which Stand Mixer ?      Adjustable Flan ››