Help! Please :) Cake Bible printing error?
Posted: 02 December 2010 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2009-04-18

Hi all, So i’ve had my Cake Bible book for a while and just today I needed a white chocolate cream cheese frosting.  So I go to the index and see page 525-526 so i go to those pages only to find the book doesn’t have them.  Now this is the first time i’ve noticed the pages so i started flipping through my book and i found my book goes from like 490 back to 469 and skips like 500-530 all together.  Is this just my book? Is everyone’s cake bible book the same?  I really kinda needed that recipe for the white chocolate cream cheese frosting.  If anyone here has a book that’s not screwed up like this can you send me the frosting recipe on page 525 please. 

Also because i bought this book a while ago and only noticed it now, any ideas on what I can do to get a copy that’s not printed all screwy like.  Anyone else had this happen and were able to do something besides buy a new one?

Posted: 02 December 2010 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2008-01-24

How frustrating. My copy ends on page 556 and the pages you were looking for are present. Unfortunately TCB is notorious for falling apart. Rose has answered many complaints and argued with her publisher. If you bought your book used I suspect that some of the pages are missing. If you bought it as new I would not hesitate to return it to the book store regardless of how long I have had the book.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 02 December 2010 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-18

I thought that perhaps my pages from the book fell out.  But the binding looks fine, and the fact that the page orders in the 400s are in the wrong order leads me to suspect it was a printing error.  However, I did purchase the book used a while ago and never noticed the pages being out of order or missing because until i actually needed a recipe on on of those pages.  Oh well…I decided to use a white chocolate cream cheese frosting from flo braker who also has some great recipes so hopefully it’ll turn out okay.

Posted: 02 December 2010 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2008-01-24

My binding looks fine too but the pages are not stitched and after a few years of baking they just float away from the glue of in the binding. I would bet that someone tried to put the book back together and did a poor job.  mad

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 03 December 2010 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

I have never heard of anyone having a problem with the pages out of order…but I am on my second copy of the cake bible…my first one just fell to pieces.  Terrible binding.

Posted: 17 May 2011 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-18

I so i was looking at my book and figured out what was wrong, it goes from 1-496 then repeat pages 465-496 all over again and then continues to pages 529-556.  I know people were telling me its the binding that fell apart but to me this can’t be a binding falling apart but rather a printing error.  Anyways, I was wondering if someone could give me a list of the recipes that I’m missing from page 497-528.  I’m considering repurchasing the book but want to see if its worth it since I’m only missing a 20 something pages.  Would anyone be so kind to just list what’s in those pages so I can make a judgment on what to do next.  Thanks

Posted: 17 May 2011 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

There are actually a lot of recipes in those pages, mostly wedding-sized batches:
Genoise:
Genoise 3-tier to serve 150
Gen Chocolate 3-tier to serve 150
Syrup to go with above
Master charts for genoise and gen chocolate for rounds from 6 to 12 inches, and quarter and half sheet sizes.

Cheesecakes:
Wedding cheesecake 3-tier to serve 150
Party cheesecake for half sheet pan
Apricot Swirl for cheesecake
9-12 cup bundt pound cake

Buttercreams:
Master chart for buttercream quantities (wedding cakes 6” up to half sheet)
Mousseline for 3-tier to serve 150
Neoclassice 3-tier to serve 150
Classic 3-tier to serve 150
Creme Ivoire 3-tier to serve 150
Cream Cheese BC 3-tier to serve 150
Silk Meringue BC 3-tier to serve 150

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 17 May 2011 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-18

Thanks Julie, decision time.  I wanted to get these two other books so I may forgo the cake bible for now since i know its mostly wedding cake recipes which i don’t think i plan to be making soon.  Thanks for taking the time to let me know what was in those pages.