Help! Please :) Cake Bible printing error?
Posted: 02 December 2010 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2009-04-18

Hi all, So i’ve had my Cake Bible book for a while and just today I needed a white chocolate cream cheese frosting.  So I go to the index and see page 525-526 so i go to those pages only to find the book doesn’t have them.  Now this is the first time i’ve noticed the pages so i started flipping through my book and i found my book goes from like 490 back to 469 and skips like 500-530 all together.  Is this just my book? Is everyone’s cake bible book the same?  I really kinda needed that recipe for the white chocolate cream cheese frosting.  If anyone here has a book that’s not screwed up like this can you send me the frosting recipe on page 525 please. 

Also because i bought this book a while ago and only noticed it now, any ideas on what I can do to get a copy that’s not printed all screwy like.  Anyone else had this happen and were able to do something besides buy a new one?

Posted: 02 December 2010 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-18

I thought that perhaps my pages from the book fell out.  But the binding looks fine, and the fact that the page orders in the 400s are in the wrong order leads me to suspect it was a printing error.  However, I did purchase the book used a while ago and never noticed the pages being out of order or missing because until i actually needed a recipe on on of those pages.  Oh well…I decided to use a white chocolate cream cheese frosting from flo braker who also has some great recipes so hopefully it’ll turn out okay.

Posted: 17 May 2011 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-18

I so i was looking at my book and figured out what was wrong, it goes from 1-496 then repeat pages 465-496 all over again and then continues to pages 529-556.  I know people were telling me its the binding that fell apart but to me this can’t be a binding falling apart but rather a printing error.  Anyways, I was wondering if someone could give me a list of the recipes that I’m missing from page 497-528.  I’m considering repurchasing the book but want to see if its worth it since I’m only missing a 20 something pages.  Would anyone be so kind to just list what’s in those pages so I can make a judgment on what to do next.  Thanks

Posted: 17 May 2011 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-18

Thanks Julie, decision time.  I wanted to get these two other books so I may forgo the cake bible for now since i know its mostly wedding cake recipes which i don’t think i plan to be making soon.  Thanks for taking the time to let me know what was in those pages.