Here is a wonderful opportunity for someone in the Chicago, IL area to attend a Culinary Art program. If you cannot participate please pay it forward.
2010 Washburne Culinary Institute Scholarship
Due Date: 3/14/2011 (It’s not too late to apply)
Washburne Culinary Institute currently has a scholarship for continuing students in their culinary arts or baking & pastry classes.
Applicants must demonstrate the following…
* Minimum 2.5 GPA
* Demonstrate financial need with a copy of current City College financial aid report
* Be a current student with at least 1 more semester to attend for the advanced certificate or degree
Applicants also need to…
* Submit the application form
* Type a 1 page doubled-spaced essay about how you became interested in the culinary or baking/pastry field and your career goals.
* 1 or more letters of recommendation from a work, volunteer reference, college instructor in another subject area or high school teacher if you graduated within the last two years.
* Copy of your student aid report, qualified non-citizen form or transcript showing you already have a bachelor’s degree.
* Copies of any awards or special recognition
* Instructor Evaluation Forms will be requested only after you have submitted your completed application.