December Bake-Off Topic
Posted: 09 December 2010 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4743
Joined  2008-04-16

There was some discussion of December and January Bake-Off topics in another thread, but just wanted to check with you all and see what’s up.

For December, we could:
-skip Bake-Off because we are all crazy busy
-make Bake-Off theme “Holiday Baking” because we are all crazy busy and don’t want to add anything to our to-do list
-do “Pies” for our theme, in spite of being crazy busy

For January, may I suggest:
-Somthing from your personal bucket list, i.e., something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t yet tackled.
-or citrus, ‘tis the season for Meyer lemons, Seville oranges, etc.

What do you guys think?  Other options/suggestions welcome.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 09 December 2010 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

Julie, great summary! I love the numerous occurrence of the word “crazy busy”!

I am fine with everything except No.1 - at the very least I’d love to see what people are baking for the holidays, whatever they are. I am planning on tackling (read: trying) decorating sugar cookies next week for the first time.

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 09 December 2010 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

I like the holiday baking theme Julie for December. It would be nice to see what everyone else is baking, whatever it is,  and perhaps get some new ideas for next year.  And I love the bucket list theme for January.  I know everyone has something they have wanted to bake but haven’t gotten around to doing them yet.  I know my list is quite long.

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2011-01-21

HI Julie -  I responded to the other thread for the December bake off - i would like to take part - since i have never joined before, what do we do, what day do we show our projects, etc…so for the basic questions…