My Birthday Cake- Chocolate Torte with Mousseline Butter cream( Cake Bilble)
Posted: 10 December 2010 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2010-10-06

Hiiii I want to report, that the cake came out amaizingly lovely. I baked Chocolate Torte and frosted it with Mousseline Butter cream.

I actually wanted to bake Geniose and was planning to moist it with Khalua syrup or Chocolate Liquior. However after making Mousseline Butter Cream I had 4 left over egg yolks, so I deceided to bake Chocolate Torte..

Pan size: In Cake Bible Rose used 1 9x2 round tin, But I do not have it ( my pan sizes are odd, its strange in Japan ) I baked it in 8.27x3.149 but i used flower nail as a heating core and the cake came out superb.

I know I am not suppose to use any syrup for the cake, however I still used very very little amount of Kahlua syrup in the cake, people loved it smile

Check out the pics smile

Image Attachments
Optimized-My Birthday 10thDec 2010 003.jpgOptimized-My Birthday 10thDec 2010 005.jpg

Posted: 11 December 2010 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2009-11-20

sagarika,
What’s not to love?  You did a beautiful job. wink  Could you taste the Kahlua?

Posted: 11 December 2010 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4797
Joined  2008-04-16

Beautiful cake, Sagarika!  You absolutely can syrup butter cakes, check out the directions in the wedding cake chapter. 

Happy birthday!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe

Posted: 11 December 2010 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2010-10-06
Julie - 11 December 2010 12:38 PM

Beautiful cake, Sagarika!  You absolutely can syrup butter cakes, check out the directions in the wedding cake chapter. 

Happy birthday!

smile
Julie.. I had no idea about it thanks for letting me know.. I have not yet read all the chapters of Cake Bible smile) Many many cakes to bake smile)
Thanks Julie glad u liked it,., and People loved the cake so much tht I had to pack them take out smile)heheh

Posted: 11 December 2010 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

Happy Birthdya, Sagarika!

Your cake is beautiful—I love how you do the flowers in so many colors.  It looks so pretty!  I’m glad that everyone loved it so much, too—that’s always so fun!