2 of 2
December Bake-Off- Holiday Baking
Posted: 16 December 2010 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2010-10-06

Yummy yummy cake.. looks delicious… Jenn and Julie lovely cake smile) ( Jenn and Julie reminds me of Jenn and Julia )hheheh

Posted: 16 December 2010 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

Julie, your Christmas baking is wonderful.  Can’t wait to see what you have to post for round two.  Looks like you have been a busy, busy baker this month.

Jenn,  love your pecan pie and you did a great job decorating your sugar cookies.  They look like they came out of an upscale bakery.  I don’t even know if I will get to my sugar cookies.  The dough might have to stay in the freezer until valentines day.

Posted: 16 December 2010 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

Here is what I have made so far for Christmas.

Chocolate Fudge and Vanilla Bean Fudge
David’s Dream Bars
Caramel Chews
Mini Pecan Butter Tarts
Butter Spritz Cookies
Mahogany Buttercrunch Toffee

I think that will do us for a while.  I still have my gingerbread dough in the freezer to make gingerbread linzer cookies filled with dark chocolate ganache, and a birthday cake for my sister in law to make for Christmas Day.  I think I am almost baked out.  LOL

Image Attachments
christmas 1.jpgchristmas 2.jpg

Posted: 16 December 2010 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4838
Joined  2008-04-16

Wowie wow wow, Liza!!!  You have been incredibly busy!  Those are all so beatiful and delicious-looking.  I especially love the elegant little beads on the butter cookies. 

So, which is your favorite? smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 16 December 2010 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

Thank-you Julie.  I think my favorite is the David’s dream bars…I have even been eating them out of freezer.  But the fudge and the buttercrunch toffee runs a close second.  We are having our lab Christmas Party on Monday ( I work with 6 other wonderful ladies ) and I plan to bring in a jar of homemade caramel sauce and a jar of hot fudge sauce for each of them.  I have already brought in two trays of goodies for them, which they have enjoyed.

Posted: 16 December 2010 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07

Oh Liza…they look so amazing! Wow!

Posted: 16 December 2010 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4838
Joined  2008-04-16
Liza - 17 December 2010 01:42 AM

I think my favorite is the David’s dream bars…

I have a friend who lives for these!  They are incredibly good, and so easy.

I plan to bring in a jar of homemade caramel sauce and a jar of hot fudge sauce for each of them.  I have already brought in two trays of goodies for them, which they have enjoyed.

You must be very, very popular!  LOL

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 16 December 2010 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

Those are gorgeous treats, Liza!!!  I, too, love the beads on the spritzer cookies. 

Are the David’s Dream Bars the ones in the top right of the first picture?  Whatever those are, those are my favorite!

It’s always so nice to hear when people work with other wonderful people—makes the day so much nicer!  And you’re certainly making some specifically nice days for your co-workers!

Posted: 17 December 2010 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

Thanks Anne.  Yes the bars in the top right of the first picture are the David’s Dream Bars.  Apparently there was an error in the amount of the sweetened condensed milk in the original recipe.  I don’t know what everyone else thinks, but I love them with the little extra sweetened condensed milk.

Posted: 19 December 2010 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  161
Joined  2007-11-21

Everything looks AWESOME! Wishing you Merry Christmas and Peace in the New Year. xo j

Signature 

http://bakingsorceressapprentice.blogspot.com

Posted: 19 December 2010 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-16

Thank-you Joan!  Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Posted: 19 December 2010 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2010-10-06

Hiii Julie.. your Pecan Pie with WHipped cream looks amazingly delicious… and piping looks very tempting smile).. Jenn I love all your treats perfect for the festive seasons I am yet to try all this.. but your pics are surely inspiring smile

Posted: 22 December 2010 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

I don’t have a picture but I made the banana refrigerator cake with cream cheese frosting (variation omitting white chocolate) for our family Christmas party last week.  Other people brought home baked and store baked goods too. I am proud to say, my cake was the only one completely eaten.  The others had just one piece eaten from each cake.  cool grin 

Thank you ROSE!!  kiss You never fail me

Merry Christmas everyone!

Posted: 22 December 2010 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

I am proud to say, my cake was the only one completely eaten.

Woo! Woo!  Go MJ!!!  Hey, it’s getting time to start the count down to the work Memorial Day picnic!  I know that your hub’s coworkers are starting that countdown beginning January 1 !

Posted: 23 December 2010 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

I think they are! My husband brings an extra piece or two of whatever I bake and shares with his co-workers. They are as interested in what I am going to bake and I am

2 of 2