3 of 3
What is your FAVORITE Rose recipe?
Posted: 10 November 2008 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2008-02-28

For me it’s the Downy Yellow Buttercake - it tastes wonderful on its own.

And, at the moment (because of my passionfruit frenzy of baking last week) it’s the passionfruit version of the Mousseline Buttercream.  But I think any of the other fruit flavours would also be wonderful.  I made the chocolate version of the neoclassic buttercream last year and thought it was marvellous, but really, the Mousseline beats it hands down - when made properly, it doesn’t even taste very buttery, is so-o-o light and fluffy, that I can’t believe it’s buttercream.  I need to do an orange version soon.

Posted: 10 November 2008 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4839
Joined  2008-04-16

Wow, it’s hard to pick just one…

From TCB, my favorite yellow butter cake is the sour cream, along with its relative the sour cream coffee cake.  For large cakes (not cupcakes), my favorite category is genoise, especially the golden genoise, though I love the classic/riche, chocolate and moist chocolate as well!

For chocolate frosting I love the ganache (with cognac or Grand Marnier), for mousseline I favor the fruit curd flavors.  My favorite buttercream is the silk meringue, which has a custard undertone and is great in any of the caramel variations (burnt orange, coffee-caramel, praline) or the apricot.

For cupcakes, I’m in a chiffon phase right now, and I love those with cloud creams.

So far, my favorite showpiece cake is the Strawberry Maria, with the Strawberry Savarin and the Golden Cage close behind.

Well, that narrows it down now, doesn’t it?

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 11 November 2008 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2008-05-03

I have many ‘favourites’ from all three Bibles but I just have to put in a plug for the Chocolate Caramel Chews from Rose’s Christmas Cookies.  I made them for handing out at Halloween and one of the Moms told me that some of them were telling their kids that they weren’t very good so that they could eat them themselves!  I, of course, got the edges - just sublime.

Posted: 28 November 2008 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-11-02

o sole meeeee yeooooo…. la la la la…..

DOMINGO CAKE!

Signature 

my awesome stuff on flickr….
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29655377@N06/sets/
check it out!

Posted: 02 June 2009 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  923
Joined  2009-05-25

My favourites from each of the 3 Bibles…
1.  Triple Chocolate Cake…make it every year for Christmas…next year will do a 12”.
2.  Apple Pie
3.  Rye Bread and Pizza Sauce (Absolutely the best pizza sauce, ever!) ok that’s two recipes, but one’s a bread, the other a sauce.

3 of 3