Cake Flavour Combinations
Posted: 19 December 2010 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

I found this list of cake flavour combinations from the Canadian Cake Forum, CakesCanada.  It has some really delish looking combinations for cakes, fillings and frostings.  Just thought I would share it.  I don’t know who the author is except that her username is MacsMom.  So the credit has to go to her,  it is a huge list.

This is the first time I’ve printed my entire list to share with the world… It’s huge!

Almond Joy ~ Rich chocolate-almond cake filled with chocolate ganache & coconut filling.

Amaretto Divine ~ Amaretto cake filled with chocolate fudge & Amaretto cr?me filling.

Andes Dream ~ Chocolate cake baked with Andes mints, filled with chocolate fudge & mint filling.

Apricot Almond ~ White almond sour cream cake with Amaretto cheesecake & apricot puree.

Banana Caramel Cheesecake ~ Banana cake with cheesecake & fresh caramel filling.

Bananarama ~ Banana cake filled with caramel, banana cr?me and chocolate ganache.

Banana Split ~ Layers of banana, cherry, & chocolate cakes filled with chocolate fudge & banana cr?me.

Black Forest ~ Chocolate-cherry cake filled with chocolate truffle & cherry filling.

Blueberry Sour Cream ~ Sour cream cake with cheesecake & blueberry fruit filling.

Boston Cream Pie ~ Butter cake filled with vanilla cr?me & chocolate ganache.

Butterscotch Rum ~ Rich butterscotch rum cake with a cheesecake filling.

Cappuccino ~ Milk chocolate-cappuccino cake filled with cappuccino truffle & thick cream.

Carrot Cake ~ ? cheesecake filling.

Chai Latte~ Fragrant chai spiced cake filled with cheesecake.

Cherry Vanilla ~ Layers of cherry cake and vanilla cake with cherry chocolate-chip ricotta filling.

Chocolate Banana Cheesecake ~ Layers of chocolate and banana cakes with banana & chocolate cheesecake.

Chocolate Covered Cherry ~ Cherry chocolate-chip cake with a chocolate cherry truffle filling.

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry ~ Layers of strawberry and chocolate cakes with a fudge filling.

Cinnamon Roll ~ Cinnamon swirl butter cake filled with sweet cream cheese.

Caramel Apple ~ Butter cake filled with sliced apple fruit filling & fresh caramel.                                   

Citrus twist ~ Swirls of orange and lemon cake filled with orange cheesecake & lemon curd.

Coconut Cloud ~ Coconut cake filled with coconut cr?me.                                                       

Cookies & Cream ~ Rich dark chocolate cake with an Oreo cookie filling.

Cr?me Br?l?e ~ Caramel cake filled with fresh caramel & white chocolate ganache.                               

Decadent Chocolate ~ A divinely decadent chocolate cake filled with chocolate fudge & chocolate-chip mousse

Espresso Chip ~ Mocha-chip cake with espresso truffle filling.                                                   

Funky Monkey ~ Layers of banana & peanut butter cakes filled with layers of chocolate fudge, banana cheesecake, & peanut butter mousse.

Goodies?n?Cream ~ Moist butter cake with a creamy filling loaded with Butterfinger and Heath toffee bits.       

Goodnight Kiss ~ Anise flavored champagne cake with white chocolate truffle filling.

Guava Lava ~ Pretty pink guava cake filled with guava fruit filling and cheesecake.                               

Hawaii Five-O ~ Pineapple cake filled with banana cr?me, mango curd, & coconut cream.

Hot Cocoa ~ Hot cocoa cake filled with marshmallow cr?me.

Irish Cream ~ Bailey?s Irish Cream cake with a Bailey?s chocolate truffle filling.                                 

Kahlua ~ Rich dark chocolate-Kahlua cake with Kahlua cr?me filling.

Key Lime ~ Key Lime cake filled with key lime curd and cheesecake.                                           

Lemon Drop ~ Lemon cake filled with lemon curd & white-chocolate ganache.

Lemon Kiss ~ Swirls of almond and lemon cakes filled with raspberry puree & lemon cheesecake.                   

Margarita ~ Rich margarita cake filled with lime cheesecake.

Mocha Toffee Crunch ~ Chocolate mocha cake filled with mocha fudge & toffee bits.                         

Neopolitan ~ A layer each of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla cakes filled with chocolate and strawberry cheesecake.

Orange Dreamsicle ~ Moist orange cake filled with vanilla mousse.

Orange Valencia ~ Orange chocolate-chip cake filled with rich chocolate fudge. *My personal favorite*

Peaches ?n? Cream ~ Moist white cake infused with peach, filled with white-chocolate truffle & peach fruit filling.

Peanut Butter Fudgey ~ Peanut butter chocolate-chip cake filled with chocolate fudge and Reese?s filling.

PBJ ~ PB cake, peanut butter mousse & raspberry fruit filling.                                                         

Pineapple Guava ~ Pineapple cake with guava fruit filling.

Pink Champagne ~ Pink champagne cake with cheesecake filling.

Pi?a Colada ~ Coconut pineapple cake with coconut cr?me filling and pineapple fruit filling.

Raspberry Truffle ~ Dark chocolate-raspberry cake filled with chocolate fudge & raspberry puree.

Rainbowlicious ~ Six vibrant colors of vanilla cake, filled with vanilla mousse.

Red Velvet ~ Rich red velvet cake with cheesecake filling.

Strawberry Fields ~ Moist strawberry cake filled with strawberry cheesecake & strawberry puree.

Tiramisu ~ Espresso infused butter cake with mascarpone-Kahlua filling, over a spread of chocolate ganache.

Turtle ~ Dark chocolate cake filled chocolate fudge, caramel, & toasted chopped pecans.

Tuxedo ~ Layers of white & dark chocolate cakes filled with layers of white-chocolate truffle & rich fudge filling.

Posted: 20 December 2010 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2010-10-06

This list is so handy. I was about to post a question on Flavour combinations… this is amazing.. thanks Macsmom and big thank you for sharing it Liza…

My friends has been asking me to bake a very rich Christmas cake with rum or any kind of good liquor.. Can anyone give some suggestions ????

Posted: 22 December 2010 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2010-02-22

This list will come in handy when I think of what cake to make next. What is a cheesecake filling? I see so many types of cheesecake fillings in the list. They sound yummy but I have not seen any cake recipes for a cheesecake filling. Would love to try one.