Loaf tin liners
Posted: 01 January 2011 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-11-20

Happy new year to all.
I just baked two loaves using my recently purchased loaf tin liners and i could’nt remove the liners from the bread it was like trying to peel the crust off!.Any ideas?

Posted: 01 January 2011 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1376
Joined  2008-09-27
frontslide - 01 January 2011 07:51 PM

Happy new year to all.
I just baked two loaves using my recently purchased loaf tin liners and i could’nt remove the liners from the bread it was like trying to peel the crust off!.Any ideas?

Did you spray the interior of the liners with oil prior to using?

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 02 January 2011 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-20
CharlesT - 01 January 2011 08:24 PM
frontslide - 01 January 2011 07:51 PM

Happy new year to all.

Did you spray the interior of the liners with oil prior to using?

No i presumed purchasing “non stick” tin liners would eliminate all of that, if not, what is the point of their existence you may as well just grease the tin?

Posted: 02 January 2011 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1376
Joined  2008-09-27
frontslide - 02 January 2011 09:20 PM

No i presumed purchasing “non stick” tin liners would eliminate all of that, if not, what is the point of their existence you may as well just grease the tin?

A perfectly reasonable thing to think.  The reality is that non-stick never is 100% non-stick and some baked goods will stick to them.  That’s why when you prepare a non-stick bake pan, you still spray it like you would if it were plain metal.  And then you put in parchment and then spray the parchment.

Although this is a lot of trouble and you may wonder why bother with the parchment/liners, this belts + suspenders strategy does ensure your baked goods don’t stick to the pans, which can destroy them when you force them out.  For cupcakes, I don’t care if the cake sticks to the liners, so I don’t spray them, but I always spray the liners for layer cakes.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 02 January 2011 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-20

Taken on board smile