Buttercream- Easy to use - correct room temp for making buttercream
Posted: 05 January 2011 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2010-10-06

Hiii… I am starting this new topic just to archive my experience with Buttercream. I made Mousseline Buttercream its 3rd time I made it.I don’t know why it was getting cuddled and then I was about to throw it away to make a brand new batch again.. it just stike me that My room may be bit cold so i started the heater and re beat the buttercream and it was fine.

I have made beautiful roses with Mouseline Buttercream but i found it difficult to spread on the cake for coveting the cake. Did anyone had same problem ???Which buttercream is easy to spread??? and If I use different buttercream to frost and Mousseline for roses will it be fine as in taste wise. Please suggest.

thanks!!

Posted: 05 January 2011 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2008-02-28

Hi Sagarika - what exactly was your problem with spreading?  If your room was too cold perhaps the buttercream was a bit too cool, making it difficult to spread smoothly?  Or was it too gloopy?  In which case it just needs to be chilled for a bit?  From your gorgeous roses in the other thread it looks like the buttercream was firm enough, so perhaps just a tad too firm.  EIther way it’s best to use it just after giving it a good whirl in the mixer with your beaters to bring it back to silky smoothness.

Posted: 06 January 2011 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2007-11-15

I say room temp should be above 65oF

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/