2 of 2
Perfect Pound Cake / Chocolate Bread / All American Choco Butter Cake baked as bread
Posted: 24 May 2011 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2010-02-24

Ann,  Your pound cakes look so delicious that I ran out and bought a loaf pan to try baking the vanilla pound cake this weekend.  I will let you know how it turned out.

Posted: 24 May 2011 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3131
Joined  2010-04-25

Thank you so much, Kathy!  I hope you love it as much as I do!

Posted: 24 May 2011 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  2011-02-17

I agree! It looks absolutely perfect and beautiful to me.

Posted: 24 May 2011 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Thanks, FG! They are very, very yummy!  I want to make the Pound Cake variation that uses powdered sugar and makes the ‘chewy’ variety.  Just for contrast to see what it’s like. Another cake on the list….

Posted: 31 May 2011 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2010-02-24

Hi Anne.  I made the perfect pound cake this weekend.  It was really good - moist and buttery.  Next time I have to try the deluxe vanilla version.  The top of my cake didn’t brown with the tin foil on it, however the bottom and sides were very dark.  Could it be that I am baked it too long or used a cheap loaf pan?  The pan was light colored.  Thanks.

Posted: 31 May 2011 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Hi, Kathy!! 

I’m glad you enjoyed it!!  The deluxe vanilla is very yummy, but I’m a vanilla freak.  I wish I knew more about the pan and could give thoughts on the color of the sides, etc.  I’m thinking that it’s more the contrast that made it appear ‘very’ dark.  If you look at my pics, the sides are also quite brown, and if the top hadn’t browned, it might appear ‘very’ dark.  I can’t remember what it looked like when I put the foil on—if it had already begun to brown or not—if it it browned under the ‘tent.’  Also, my pan was a darker pan—a ‘regular’ sort of nonstick loaf pan (Sur La Table brand), and I don’t know if that matters or not.

I wish I had better ideas for you!!!  Maybe someone else will know something!

—ak

Posted: 08 April 2013 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-04-08
Anne in NC - 08 January 2011 08:07 PM

My mechanic did me a very good turn recently, so I wanted to thank him—naturally, with cake! Asking him his fave, he said pound cake, so I wanted to make him regular and chocolate. Actually, I wanted to make him regular and whoopie pies, but I was outvoted on this one—which worked-out for the best!

I was going to make the All American Chocolate Butter Cake as a bread to go with the pound cake, but a close and wonderful friend suggested that I make the Chocolate Bread (chocolate pound cake). I pooh-poohed her as too similar to regular pound cake. She suggested (read: “harassed me about”) it again, this time, reinforcing her advice with logic. I paraphrase: “Did he or did he not say pound cake?” Well, he did, so I made both and decided to give him the prettiest chocolate cake along with the regular pound cake. Of course, I made extra for the freezer!

In the end, he got the Perfect Pound Cake and the Chocolate Bread, and what was his favorite? The Dark Horse—The Chocolate Bread! Which just goes to show ya’, a good friend’s advice is always worth serious consideration!

Posting pics of each below with notes, in case you’re interested in cake-specific info!

Hi

I love the pound cake you baked,
http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/index_ee.php/forums/viewthread/3086/

can you share me your recipe? please.

I want the regular one, not the chocolate one. thanks

Posted: 30 April 2013 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2013-04-02

Hi!

Wow!  That all looks so delicious.  As a cake-baking fanatic, I simply must have the recipe for that Chocolate Bread - your revised version.  Could you post it here if it isn’t too much trouble?

2 of 2