1 of 2
Easier Navigating on this site
Posted: 19 November 2007 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

To bypass the multitude of clicks needed to find new posts, simply click on “Forum Home” (above) and then “view new posts”.  Only the newest posts since your last visit will appear.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 19 November 2007 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2007-11-17

Hi Patricia!  This is so great to be able to converse like this.  Looking forward to a lot to come.

Just wondering….I tried downloading a photo to go with my name by using the Edit Photo feature.  But it kept saying that the max was 200 kb, and it wouldn’t work. 

Did you do something special to download a photo?  Anyone else having trouble?

Thanks!

Posted: 19 November 2007 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-11-05

Just make sure that your photo’s file size is less than 200 Kb.

We have a maximum file size to make sure that Rose’s site doesn’t end up paying too much in terms of disk storage and internet bandwidth, and to make sure that people can’t abuse her site, so that it loads quickly for everyone.

TTFN
Travis

Posted: 19 November 2007 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2007-11-15

A drop-down ‘Jump to ...’ box would be useful to allow jumping to different categories from within one category, without having to return to the main page first.

And the duplication of ‘Forum Home’ > ‘Join the Discussion’ is a bit confusing, imo.  smile

Posted: 19 November 2007 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15
Cathy in SoCal - 19 November 2007 07:08 AM

Hi Patricia!  This is so great to be able to converse like this.  Looking forward to a lot to come.

Just wondering….I tried downloading a photo to go with my name by using the Edit Photo feature.  But it kept saying that the max was 200 kb, and it wouldn’t work. 

Did you do something special to download a photo?  Anyone else having trouble?

Thanks!

Hi Cathy - my teenage son installed a photo imaging resizer that he found on the internet somewhere.  With it I can take any digital image and resize it.  I wish I could help you more - can’t wait to see your photos!

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 19 November 2007 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1074
Joined  2007-11-15
Patrincia - 19 November 2007 04:36 AM

To bypass the multitude of clicks needed to find new posts, simply click on “Forum Home” (above) and then “view new posts”.  Only the newest posts since your last visit will appear.

This doesn’t work reliably for me.  I’ve tried it a few times, and each time it leaves out a couple of new posts.

Posted: 19 November 2007 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2007-11-18

I’m having the same issue as Matthew, unfortunately.

Signature 

“There is no such thing as reconstituted lemon juice, only reconstituted taste buds.” - Bert Greene

Posted: 19 November 2007 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15

Uh no, hopefully all the bugs will be worked out soon.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 19 November 2007 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2007-11-18

I’m sure everything will be fine in time.  Unfortunately this is always par for the course with new software.  Since it’s the poor folks at Rose & Co. who have to deal with all the issues ... maybe we should bake them a collective cake and send it to them to show our appreciation for their labors wink

Signature 

“There is no such thing as reconstituted lemon juice, only reconstituted taste buds.” - Bert Greene

Posted: 19 November 2007 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-17

Thanks, Travis and Patricia.  I will look it up and see if I can find anything.  Thanks for working on all this Travis.

Posted: 21 November 2007 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-17

I found Google’s Picasa for resizing photos, etc.  Thanks again, Patricia.

Posted: 21 November 2007 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2007-11-16

Thank you so much that this site is now here, but gosh, I don’t know about the rest of you—- - - -—all these notifications that a new post is here to read in my inbox, WHEW!  And every time I click on the link to read the posts, yet another window opens in my browser. Too much work, too many steps involved, IMO.  I am a member of the King Arthur Flour Baking Circle, and they have what I think is a marvelous system - you can opt to have all replies to any post you respond on sent directly to your inbox without having to visit the actual site.  This would be MUCH better, for me anyway.  If there is any way the web techs can make that happen, that would be great!

I realize that I can opt NOT to have the emails when someone posts to a thread, but that would involve MORE time and work, going through all the past threads to see if there was anything new and interesting to read.

I’d also like to see a recipe section listing recipes by category and/or member names instead of having to scroll and search through a thread like this.

MrsM

Posted: 21 November 2007 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15

I agree - the email notifications are numerous!  Rose’s blog is set up to email you the actual response - don’t know why this isn’t the same. 

To avoid searching each thread, everytime I sign on I click on the “show new posts” option and I get a whole list of new posts.  I agree with Matthew that there are sometimes a few missing from the list, but it seems to make the navigation go a bit faster.  Also, the categories with new posts are a different color than the rest (I’m using the default setting at the very bottom of the page).

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 21 November 2007 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-16

Patrincia, I just noticed something, your response is at the very bottom of the post sent from this sight!  So this must already be set up?  I just cleaned out my deleted items about 2 minutes ago, so I have no past posts to check and see if the responses were there as well. If so, I apologize for not paying closer attention, LOL.

I have also tried that tip to click on view new posts, and nothing ever comes up for me.  In fact, nothing came up for anything I clicked at the top of this page in that section.

MrsM

Posted: 21 November 2007 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15

MrsM - Well now, isn’t that something… you’re right! 
The way I have my email set-up, I don’t see the comment without having to scroll down. 
Thanks so much.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 21 November 2007 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-16

LOL, aren’t we silly!  It was there all the time.  OK now, I would like to be a PITA and suggest to the web techs that they put the response at the top of the email, and then the links and etc information under the response, so we don’t have to scroll down.  smile

Also, when I reply using Fast Reply, I have to scroll down to click the submit post button. Can’t this be put somewhere more convenient without having to scroll down?

MrsM

1 of 2