Need a Stand Mixer
Posted: 17 January 2011 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2011-01-06

Hi Rose,

Iv tried your orange chiffon cake and Bostini on two separate occasions and todate am receiving praises. Your videos are so helpful and the detail with which you share your recipes and tips makes our baking fool proof. Not to forget your so soft and calm voice and manner.

Iv recently joined the forum and again it has so much for us to learn. Till now iv been using a hand held simple Moulinex Blender for baking which my mom bought 25 years back when she started baking. I now want to upgrade to an all-in-one stand mixer which will help me for a long time, atleast worth the investment i make in it. Could u and the other fellow Bakers and Bloggers please advice in this regard.  Iv heard only of KitchenAid n Kenwood. Is there any thing else available in the market. Will be really grateful.

Regards,

Naila

Posted: 23 January 2011 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2011-01-21

Hi Naila,
  I haven’t been baking that long either - but i love my kitchen aid artisan 5qrt 325hp motor.  Since i started baking i even bought another 5qrt s.s bowl so i don’t have to keep washing in between different creams for the cake.  I can’t bake without it - best purchase i have ever made with my baking!

Posted: 25 January 2011 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2011-01-06

Hi littlelottie,

thank u so much for sharing ur experience and helping me narrow down to choose my stand mixer. I posted the same question in the EQUIPMENT Q & A of the forum and got many replies. Do drop by to see what our fellow bakers had to say: http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/index_ee.php/forums/viewthread/3131/

What about all the batter going to the sides during mixing, or the attachement not reaching down to the base of the bowl, and scratches on the walls of the bowl. Is there any thing like this in KA?

I am posting the same question there. Hope to see your views there.

Thanx again . I really appreciate it.

Posted: 25 January 2011 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2011-01-21

Hi Naila,
  I haven’t noticed an issue with the sides to much - yes every once and a while i will stop mixing and scrap the sides, but it so far has not been a big deal.  I know Rose has come out with “shields” for the Kitchen Aid mixer that scraps the sides of the bowl..not sure when they are being introduced, but i am sure that would help.

Posted: 24 October 2013 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-10-24

Does anyone know how good is this stand mixer from Moulinex?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81IWnM7RFmL._SL1500_.jpg

I know KA is the best choise, but not for me at this moment.

‹‹ White Lilly flour      finding videos on blog ››