Review of Alcan non-stick slide aluminum foil
Posted: 28 January 2011 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

I was very ambitious this morning and decided I would make some homemade beef stock.
I had 8 kg of soup marrow bones in the freezer so I took them out last night to thaw so I could roast them this morning.  Started at 6:00am. 

The last time I did this, I used regular aluminum foil and I had a hard time with the bones and meat sticking to the aluminum foil. ( I also sprayed it with non-stick spray )  Yesterday while I was out grocery shopping I saw the non-stick aluminum foil and thought I would give it a try.

I worked like a charm!  Not one bone or piece of meat stuck to it.  So I have a huge pot simmering on top of stove with yummy browned bones and meat.  ( roasted veggies will come later in the day )

Can’t wait to try these with my oven baked ribs or chicken wings.  It would probably work great too for covering dishes like lasagna with melted cheese on top.

I just wanted to share my findings with everyone in case someone else was having the same problems.  It was definitely worth the purchase.

Posted: 28 January 2011 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4816
Joined  2008-04-16

Can I come over for dinner tonight? smile

Thanks for the foil reveiw!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Three New Takes on a Classic Fall Dessert

Posted: 29 January 2011 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610